Chapter 24

TRIGGER WARNING: mentions of domestic abuse and rape.

"Pretty nasty injury you got there Nat, "

"Leave... My family....alone...." A shaking Natalie leant against the door frame, subconsciously pulling her sleeves to cover her fists. 

"That's cute, when you do that, " The man commented viciously, his eyes scanning her every move.

"Mum?" Leanne peered her head out from behind the bannister, standing on the bottom stair revealing herself dressed in her pyjamas and a dressing gown.

"Go back upstairs Leanne, " Natalie replied quietly, instantly regretting the use of her daughter's name. How could she be so stupid?

"Stay. Leanne." He added, shifting his body so he was facing her, his eyes fixed on the girl. "So this-"

"Leanne, I said go!" Natalie shouted, her head turning momentarily before recreating eye contact with the man and tears threating to spill as her daughter ran upstairs.

"Take me. Harm me. Do anything you want to me. Just don't lay a finger on my daughter." Natalie shook, crossing her arms with her hair blowing in the wind.

"Your daughter? Last time I checked, it's takes two to create a child, "

"You raped me! Every night! I was bound to end up pregnant! I didn't love you, and I wasn't having my daughter grow up around someone like you!"

"Keep your voice down Nat... Or you're going to suffer worse than you did, " He grabbed her wrist, digging into her skin with his jagged fingernails.

"P- Please!" she exclaimed, her tears going through with their threats as he rose a hand to her mouth.

"Please..." She muffled.