Chapter 8

The next day, all the adults were sitting around the table.
"So what do you want to do today?" Millie asked while she fiddled with her hair.
"Well, aren't we down here to plan Leanne's birthday?" J'jaye replied.
"Oh right, I presumed you woke me up early for a reason"
"We could take her to get her nails done" Lexi suggested, looking at J'jaye, implying that the 'we' was her and J'jaye.
"Aimie, Maiya and I will stay home and put up the decorations" Natalie added.
"We'll take her to a show" Courtney remarked, pointing at Vicki and Grace.
"I will take her bowling!" Millie said quite emphatically.
"They are all great ideas, so next Sunday, first Millie will take her bowling, then, I can't believe I'm going to say this, Millie will drive her to the Nail salon and then come home, Lexi, J'jaye and Leanne will get their nails done and drive her to the theatre and then come home. Vicki, Grace, Courtney and Leanne will all see the show and you guy drive her home. We'll have the party, then we'll all take her to the main present." Natalie summarised as she left the table, she was the only one dressed so went to wake up Leanne for school.

Natalie opened the door and, to her surprise, the girl was already completely ready for school despite it being 6:20. She usually had to wake her daughter up at 6:30 but not today.

"I'm impressed" Leanne looked up not realising her Mum had been standing at the door for the last few minutes.
"Oh, I'm still trying to analyze this piece of drama, It's really difficult and it's due in tomorrow" she replied quite frustrated.
"Let me have a look" she pulled the stool on the other side of the room closer to the desk where Leanne was sitting.
"In the image suggest why has the costume, hair and make been chosen and in the the video how has the protagonist's movement style changed throughout the segment, " Natalie read aloud.
"Oh we did this all the time at RADA"
"I completely forgot you were an actress" Leanne laughed and Natalie shot her a playful, stern look. Leanne showed the image to her mother.
"For a start, the woman is wearing a full long sleeves dress with her hair down and lot's of make up, and in the piece she's, this could suggest she is very closed off."
Leanne looked at her mother in pure astonishment.
"You looked at that for just one second and got that and I've looked at it for twenty minutes and got nowhere!"
" I went to three different acting schools since I was five, I'm now twenty five, I might have an advantage..."
Leanne was silent as she wrote down what Natalie said pretty much word for word. Natalie had managed to do the exact same for the second question, much to Leanne's astonishment.
"Who do you want to take you to school today?" Nat asked as they both left the room.
"You know I hate that question!"
"It's one we need to know the answer to!" Natalie retorted.
"I'll take her!" Grace came up right up to the pair of them on the stairs.
"Someone's enthusiastic!" Natalie reasoned to Grace's surprise 'attack'.
Natalie let Grace take Leanne to school and finalised Leanne's big present.