Chapter 23

Natalie woke early with her daughter still safe in her arms. Kissing Leanne gently on her forehead, she pushed herself off the bed and went to her room to get dressed but not before writing a small note to indicate where she'd gone.

She changed out of her pyjamas into a white t-shirt and blue denim Jeans relatively quickly then walked up to the window sill admiring the view.

They lived in a large detached house were in front of them, laid a field of open greenery perfect for family picnics with only one stretch of road running along the front of the house. 

When a car stopped, Natalie's expressions shifted to confused. The road was very quiet so just to see a car was unusual and having one stop was unheard of.

She waited for a while to see exactly what this person was doing.  They just seemed to sit in the car and they stayed put for another five minutes. To Natalie, it felt like she was being watched. Her room was on the third floor and the window was shut so they couldn't possibly see each other to look at their faces, but she could help but recognise the feel of the stare.

Nervous, Natalie retreated back from the window. In an attempt to take her mind off things, she walked downstairs and took her phone out. She responded to a few Instagram messages and posts before there was a knock at the door.

She knew it wasn't Vicki, Grace or Millie because she passed their rooms while walking downstairs and none of the others would leave without warning someone. Gingerly, Nat approached the door, and unlatched it.

Seeing the person on the other side made her jolt.