Chapter 16

"Were you constantly feeling nauseous or was it like a wave of nausea? " The Nurse asked as she disposed of the bowl of vomitus.

"It was um...quite sudden," Natalie replied, the colour being drained from her face.

"I believe this to just be unexpected aftermath of your head injury, Miss Paris, We'll just keep you in for the evening, but then you should be discharged by the early hours of tomorrow."

"Aimie, can you take Leanne home please," Natalie said as the Nurse left the room.
"No Mum, I want to be here, with you,"
"As much as I want you here, it's 11 o'clock, and you have school tomorrow,"
"But it's fine, honestly!"
"You can't focus properly with no sleep,"
"Come on Leanne, let's do as your mum asked," Aimie added, getting off her chair and picking up her coat up. Leanne silently got up and did the same.
"Love you, " She said as she kissed her mum's head and walked towards the door.
"I love you lots too, see you later, "
"Bye Nat, " Aimie added.
"Bye Aimie, " Natalie said as Aimie shut the door behind her,

On the way out, they met Vicky and Jaye'j.
"Um, what are you two doing here?" Jaye'j asked.
"Someone told me to take this one home, " She placed her hands on Leanne's shoulders
"Jaye'j you go and I'll go with Aimie and Leanne, " Vicki said and Jaye'j walked off.

The whole car journey home was reticent. Aimie struggled to concentrate on driving and Leanne constantly stared out the window yet not for a minute looking at was actually there. Vicki would ask the occasional question but only received laconic answers from both girls.

When the trio arrived home, Leanne went and sat on the sofa.

"Come on you, the reason we came home was for you to go to bed," Vicki stood behind the girl.

"It's still my birthday," In amongst all the chaos of the day, most of the queens forgot it was Leanne's birthday.

"Yes but you heard your mum," Aimie added in a soft tone.

"She wouldn't have sent you home if she didn't think it would be best, would she?"

"Okay, goodnight guys, see you in the morning," Leanne hid the smirk behind her hair and a 'tired' voice.