Chapter 17

[3rd Person POV]

"For you to be out only after 2 days of being sick.. that's pretty ballsy, Sensei."

"2 days is more than enough for me, Y/N kun. I'd have already went to work yesterday if it weren't for you stopping me."

Y/N sighed as he reached for his hair and ruffled it with closed eyes.

"You're pretty stubborn. Maa, don't say I didn't warn you if your fever comes back."

"I'm positive that I'll be fine. Now then, shall we get back to our lessons? We've wasted two days and the exams are in a week."

"Haaaiii..."

Y/N listened boredly as Kirisu taught him all about what he needed to know for the exams.

Obviously, Math is something he instantly hates, but he is weirdly good at it.

Y/N had already failed his past exams and he needs to pass these exams at an average of 85 or higher if he wishes to graduate...this condition is set by the Headmaster.

What Kirisu isn't telling Y/N, is that, her job is also at stake here...

If Y/N failed to meet the expected average, Kirisu would be forced to move to another school to teach in and Y/N would repeat the year.

So she's doing all she can to make up for days missed.

And yet, Y/N isn't even showing any effort or will to learn, he's just boredly listening to her talk and give examples.

It's mildly infuriating...

"Y/N kun, this is your last chance to graduate...if you don't do something now, you'll repeat the year again."

"So what? I'll have you with me! It'll all be alright for me to repeat the year again."

"No, it would mean that I proved to be incapable of teaching you, thus leading to other people teaching you instead."

"If that happens, I won't go to school at all."

Kirisu slammed the desk that separates them as she grew tired of his answers and reasons.

"Don't you get it?! Your future is at stake! If all of what you said happened, then what the hell have we been doing?! I'm trying to help you as much as I can! And yet...you're trying to throw it away..."

The teacher bit her lip as she realized what she had just done, Y/N had this wide-eyed look and guilt began creeping in.

Her fists still clenched and unmoving, she wanted to apologize, but Y/N needed the hear how she really felt about this, what she thinks.

She...cares for him, she doesn't want him to fail in life, and...

...she doesn't want to be separated with him.

"Huh... didn't know you had it in you."
Y/N began with an impressed expression.

"Wooow! Kirisu Sensei's really scary when she gets mad! I might as well study right now if I were to avoid getting beaten into a pulp!"
He exclaimed in an exaggerated manner before turning to his books and writing notes.

Before Kirisu could respond, she observed how Y/N spun many of his pages in his notebook despite only writing a few in their classes. She got curious, but of course, asking now would only delay them as she knew Y/N won't answer her seriously.

Now, Kirisu and Y/N are going through lessons at a great pace! Switching books and notebooks and even managing to go through all of Y/N's missed Math lessons, despite the boy hating it so much.