It's A Girl!

71: INT. STADIUM (BACKSTAGE AREA) NIGHT DISSOLVE TO:

The next night.

RACHAEL: Brian, I still don't think this is a good idea, you know what the doctor said.

BRIAN: Oh I know darling, which is why... (takes his guitar off and gives it to her) You're gonna do it.

RACHAEL: Me? Are you nuts?!

BRIAN: Darling, the tour's been canceled. This is the last show so I suggested that you go on and sing that song you wrote and Fred was all for it.

RACHAEL: Brian, I don't think I can do this.

BRIAN: Please, do it for me.

RACHAEL: Well... All right... (goes out onstage)

72: INT. STADIUM NIGHT CUT TO:

Rachael performs live for the first time.

FREDDIE: (comes out) Hello all you beautiful people. As most of you know, Brian is ill. So in his place tonight we have his beautiful wife, Rachael May.

RACHAEL: (comes out) (crowd cheers) Hi everybody... Um, I'm Rachael. I know you guys came here to see Queen, but as Fred said, Brian can't perform so I'm gonna take his place tonight. Fred's asked me to perform a song I wrote for Brian... So here goes nothing... (starts playing) This is called Love Is On The Way... (starts singing) I've made a promise I just can't keep... I said I'd never get in too deep with you, now as love begins to grow more each day, you know I hate to say it babe, but I believe that love is on the way... Love is on the way, I've been betrayed by the weakness in my heart, cause lately I've been catching myself counting every moment we're apart... Love is on the way, I've been betrayed by the weakness in my heart... And a promise like a chain is only strong enough to break it's weakest part... I've got to tell you just how hard I've really tried, and you can blame it on my heart, or blame it on my mind... Could it be somehow I've always known it'd be this way? Now I'm ashamed to say it babe, but I believe that love is on the way... Love is on the way, I've been betrayed by the weakness in my heart, cause lately I've been catching myself counting every moment we're apart... Love is on the way, I've been betrayed by the weakness in my heart, and a promise like a chain is only strong enough to break it's weakest part... Thank you! (crowd cheers)

73: INT. PRIVATE JET NIGHT DISSOLVE TO:

Brian and Rachael share the news with the band.

BRIAN: (places his hand on her stomach)

RACHAEL: (smiles at him)

BRIAN: We've got something to tell you.

FREDDIE: What's that darling?

BRIAN: Rachael's pregnant!

FREDDIE: That's wonderful!

DEACY: Yeah, congratulations!

BRIAN: Thank you John!

74: INT. BRIAN'S FLAT (BEDROOM) NIGHT FADE IN:

9 months later. May, 1976.

RACHAEL: (wakes up with a shooting pain in her stomach) Ah! Oh God!!! (shakes Brian awake) Brian get up!

BRIAN: (wakes up) What?! What is it?!

RACHAEL: The baby's coming!

BRIAN: Ok, try to stay calm... (quickly gets up and picks her up) You're gonna be alright... (runs out)

75: INT. HOSPITAL ROOM NIGHT CUT TO:

Rachael is having the baby.

RACHAEL: (trying to have the baby) Ahhh!

BRIAN: (holding her hand) It's alright love, just keep looking at me.

RACHAEL: (looks at him) (squeezes his hand tighter)

NURSE: Ok, one more push!

RACHAEL: (having the baby) Ahhh!

NURSE: It's a girl! (hands her the baby)

RACHAEL: (breathing heavily) (takes her) (smiles up at Brian) She looks just like you!

BRIAN: Well, maybe the eyes, but I think she looks more like you.

RACHAEL: (smiles) What should we name her?

BRIAN: I kind of like Crystal.

RACHAEL: I do too... (looks down at her) Crystal May!

BRIAN: That's perfect!

RACHAEL: (smiles at him) 

76: INT. BRIAN'S FLAT (LIVING ROOM) DAY FADE IN:

Later that day...

RACHAEL: (rocking Crystal)

BRIAN: (comes in) Good morning love... (kisses her cheek)

RACHAEL: Morning honey.

BRIAN: (kisses Crystal's head) How is she doing?

RACHAEL: She's perfect!

BRIAN: (puts his hands on her shoulders)

FREDDIE: (knocks on the door) Knock knock, can we come in?

BRIAN: Sure mate.

FREDDIE: Lovely. (he, Deacy and Roger all come in and gather around her) She's beautiful darling.

RACHAEL: Thank you.

FREDDIE: Has she got a name?

RACHAEL: Yes, Crystal.

FREDDIE: Beautiful name.

BRIAN: Thanks Fred.

FREDDIE: May I?

RACHAEL: Of course... (gives her to him)

FREDDIE: (takes her) Hello little one. (to Brian) She's got your eyes.

BRIAN: (chuckles) We'd actually like you to be her Godfather.

FREDDIE: It would be an honor.

BRIAN: Good, then that settles it.

FREDDIE: (smiles)