Once Upon A Time, There Were Two Lovers

Lan Sizhui, the head disciple of the Gusu Lan Sect. The top cultivator of their generation. The number 1 most good looking young man of the cultivation world. Hanguang-Jun and the Yiling Patriarch's adoptive son. He is elegant, composed, kind, well mannered..... And also currently in the form of a toddler.

Jingyi's for once was speechless and Jin Ling was trying his best to speak but the only sounds that came out were sputters and half assed words. Ouyang Zizhen had sprinted off to find Hanguang-Jun, yelling back at the two to protect Toddler Sizhui till then.

Then Sizhui started crying.

"Popo... Qing Aiyi... Ning Shushu... Xian Gege... where is everyone...?" He sobbed, desperately looking around for any of the mentioned figures. "I don't know where I am... I want to go back to Yiling..."

Jin Ling didn't want Sizhui to cry, toddler or not so he had taken a step towards his friend when Sizhui started crying even louder.

"Xian Gege Save me! There's a yellow robed person here! I don't want to get hit anymore!" Jin Ling froze in his spot. His face paled. He opened his mouth to assure Sizhui when Jingyi swooped in, securing their best friend in his carry.

"Ah ah ah don't cry baby Sizhui! If you cry.. I'm gonna end up crying too!" How does that work when you're already crying?? Sizhui sobbed snot and tears all over Jingyi's pristine white robes.

"White robed Gege... You look like Rich Gege.." Despite the very obvious mess and unLan behavior, Sizhui seemed to have calmed down a bit.

"Who's Rich Gege—"

"Rich Gege!" The toddler's hand shot out towards the newcomer. God Sped Ouyang Zizhen.

"Hanguang-Jun! Sizhui he—"

"I know." Lan Wangji simply stated, taking the toddler into his arms.

"Rich Gege, where's Xian Gege?"

"The Cloud Recesses." Sizhui tugged on Lan Wangji's robe. "Mn, we'll go see Xian Gege. We're ending the night hunt early. Wrap up any last minute business then we're heading back to The Cloud Recesses."

"Yes Hanguang-Jun."

-

"I like you.. I like you.."

A lot happened in the past few days. The head disciple of the Gusu Lan Sect was turned into a 4 or 5 year old child. He's been crying for Senior Wei, clinging to Hanguang-Jun desperately. Lan Qiren vomited quite a bit of blood it even rivaled when he found out his nephew eloped with the Yiling Patriarch. The Ghost General had to be called in to calm down the boy.

And now after that mess of a afternoon, the 4 and a half according to the subject child was sitting on the porch of the jingshi playing with two old straw butterflies mumbling'I like you' over and over again.

Then he stopped.

"Xian Gege! Xian Gege! The yellow robed person is back. A-Yuan has been very good! A-Yuan doesn't want to get punished!" On call, Wei Wuxian bursted out of the Jingshi chenqing in hand.

"Where?! Where's the bastard?! If that asshole Zixun came back as a corpse to harm A-Yuan I swear to the heavens I will— oh it's just you Jin Ling. A-Yuan this is my Shijie's son. He won't hurt you."

"He's your jiejie's son? Does that mean Xian Gege can visit his jiejie now?" The toddler became confused by the sudden silence. The dark longing expression crossing Wei Wuxian's face. With no other option he climbed off the porch walking over Jin Ling.

"Yellow robed Gege, Can't Xian Gege go visit his jiejie?"

"My mother...." HOW THE HECK WAS HE SUPPOSED TO TELL TODDLER SIZHUI HIS MOTHER WAS DEAD?! "Is always welcome for a visit from her Shidi." Uncle Wei can always visit the Yunmeng Ancestral hall, Uncle Jiang isn't gonna stop him if Jin Ling has anything to say about it.

Lan Yuan's face lit up with a smile. "Xian gege! Xian gege! Yellow robed Gege said you can visit your jiejie!" Senior Wei had said something but Jin Ling didn't hear it. He could only see how happy Lan Yuan was. He had never seen that smile on Sizhui before. He would make sure to Sizhui can smile like that when he turned back to normal.

"A-Ling since your here would you mind taking A-Yuan to feed the rabbits?"

"There are rabbits?? I wanna see I wanna see!" How could Jin Ling say no to that face?

-

"Waaaaah So many little rabbits!" Lan Yuan ran into the field with a bright smile and carrot in hand. The rabbits all ran for it. In the few moments Jin Ling took his eyes off the toddler, he had been buried under rabbits. "Yellow Robed Gege!"

Jin Ling immediately dashed over and swooped Lan Yuan up from the pile. "Don't scare me like that! I don't know what I would've done if you got hurt."

"A-Yuan is sorry.." Jin Ling panicked. He made Sizhui upset. He made A-Yuan upset.

"It's not your fault. You were just playing. Are you tired?" Jin Ling sat down hugging the toddler near him. What he would give to do this to Sizhui when he's back to normal.

"Mn! Can Yellow Robed Gege tell A-Yuan a bedtime story?"

A bedtime story? No one ever told him any when he was a kid. He'll just make one up.

"Once upon a time there was a boy. He was called Lan Sizhui. He was great at everything and the Head Disciple of his sect. His parents were strong cultivators, the Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation and the other brought light wherever he went. He had two best friends. One was always breaking the sect rules while trying to follow them. The other was bullied and hurt by others in the past. One day the bullied friend fell in love with Lan Sizhui. But his feelings would never be known. For Lan Sizhui was too good for him and he himself wasn't enough—" Jin Ling stopped hearing light snores coming from his arms. His totally fictional bedtime story actually worked.

"Wow Young Mistress Jin Ling actually can fall in love. To be fair who wouldn't fall in love with Sizhui." Jingyi plopped down on the grass next to Jin Ling. He was carrying a blanket and Sizhui's uniform

"Piss off Jingyi, Who said I was in love?"

"You did. Your story making skills needs work. Even a idiot can tell the bullied friend is you. Besides I liked Sizhui before too. Confessed to him a few months ago."

"What did he say?"

"No, he liked someone else. Someone from the Jin Sect, best archer in our generation, goes night hunting with Lan disciples a lot—"

"Can you not joke about this?"

"I'm not joking."

"Sure you aren't."

-

A week later Sizhui was back to normal. The female disciples would never let up about how cute their Da Shixiong was as a child and now the whole cultivation world knows how Gusu Lan Sect's Head Disciple liked hug people's legs as a child and go around playing with straw butterflies saying I love you.. I love you..

Sizhui truly wanted to go into seclusion and just stay there for the rest of his life. But there was one thing stopping him. Something he remembers from his time under the curse.

"Once upon a time there was a boy. He was called Jin Rulan. He was the best archer of the generation and the next heir of his father's sect. He was born the son of two great sects, one of purple and one of gold. Jin Rulan was in love with one of his best friend. However because he thought he wasn't enough for his friend, Jin Rulan refused to tell the other of his feelings directly. But, unknown to him, the friend that he held affections towards.. Also felt the same for him."

"Y-You— A-Yuan what kind of story is that?!?!"

——————————————————
I planned up to chapter 6 of the rewritten version of Eight Broken Strings, I'm replacing the sacrifice ritual with something that lets Jingyi stay around as a plot device.