Your Name(Finale)

"I'm going to Lanling. Cover for me in class."

"Wait— A-Yuan what?? Right now?!"

"Yup! I'll make it up to you when I'm back!" Lan Yuan boarded the train to Lanling. He wanted to see Jin Ling. In person. Catch him before the date. It'll be interesting to see him in person. Maybe they could finally have a proper conversation.

That's what he thought but when he finally found him.

"Jin Ling."

"Do I know you?" Lan Yuan's face went pale. Jin Ling didn't recognize him.

"Don't you remember me? It's me Lan Yua—" A expression of disbelief.

"I don't know who you are, you probably got the wrong person."

"....Sorry.." Jin Ling raised a brow at that. What a strange person? They were clearly male so why was their hair so long? Lan Yuan untied his ribbon, placing it in Jin Ling's hand.

"Why are you giving me this??"

"Sorry for taking up your time." Jin Ling hesitated as the older boy turned. He felt this feeling of deja vu wash over him.

"Wait!" The older boy was heading back into the station with the crowd when he heard Jin Ling calling out to him. "What's your name?!" Lan Yuan stopped, a gentle smile on his face as he turned to look back at Jin Ling.

"My name is Lan Yuan."

~

Residents of Caiyi Town were gathering in the northern fields to release new year lanterns when the comet nucleus split in two eventually crashing into the area killing a third of the town population. A estimated number of  500 people were killed...

And of those 500 people... Lan Yuan was included. He died that night. He—

"Who... was he...? What was his name?" His grip on the ribbon tightened. "Who was it? Why can't I remember?"

"A-Ling, that's a Lan family ribbon isn't it?" His mother sat down next to Jin Ling, looking over all the books sprawled across the table.

"This?"

"A-Ying got one from Lan Zhan as a engagement ring. It's a very precious item to them, which Lan gave you theirs?"

"I don't.. I don't remember...Who even gave this to me..."

Jin Ling.

Don't you remember me?

The younger boy looked around at the sound of the voice. Where has he heard that before? That voice.. Those words...

Jin Ling's gaze focused on the ribbon. Who gave him this? He's had it for years. But where did he get it from? A ribbon.. a white cloud patterned ribbon... a Lan Family ribbon... Lan...

Lan Yuan.

-

"You mean to tell me he took off in the middle of the night?"

"Mhm."

"And you didn't even try to stop him?"

"Mhm. He said he needed to do this on his own. Plus he has his phone if he get in trouble." Jiang Cheng let out a defeated sigh. The amount of stress his nephew brings into his life has no end.

"A-Jie have you ever realized sometimes you're too lenient with his reckless decisions..."

-

Jin Ling hiked up the stone steps of the Gusu mountains. Lan Yuan... He was going to save him. Get him out of Caiyi before the comet strikes. He'll resort to supernatural means if need be. The entire situation was already pretty supernatural anyways.