Chapter 14

"What happened to you?" Four ask her right after he arrived at the hospital where she is.

Ash rolled her eyes. "Kind of cleaning, i guess." Then she looked away.

Matapos niyang i-massacre ang Warehouse, sa isang pampublikong ospital sa kabilang bayan siya tumuloy. At tinawagan si Four gamit ang nahiram na cellphone sa isang nurse na umasikaso sakanya.

Mag-uumaga na ng makarating siya sa ospital, at dahil nasa kabilang ibayo ng Japan si Four, papalubog na ang araw ng dumating ito.

Bumuntong hininga si Four. "What should i do with you?!" Nailing nalang ito at umupo sa kalapit na upuan.

Hindi niya ito pinansin at ibinaling sa bintana ang tingin.

And please tell Queen that comeback immediately..

She close her eyes. I badly want to comeback with you but i don't want you to get involve in my mess. It's better if i keep you away, so that i can assure your safety.

"I won't pry on your business with your gang, Fire. But took care of yourself. Please," she gulp bitterly.

"I already ended my affair with them. I'll focus my whole attention to Spring's case." She said blankly.

Four looked at her, worriedly.
"Are you fine?" He ask.

Four knows how she treasure the gang she created. Alam nito ang tunay na halaga ng mga ka-miyembro niya sakanya.

"I'm tryin'." She replied.

"About your gunshot, is it fine now?"

"Umm. Good thing i didn't loss too much blood."

"Good." Then, a silence conquer the whole room.

A minute later,

"Anyway, why did you pick a public hospital? You're allergic to crowded places, right? How come?"

"Idiota, the council might trace me if i go to private hospital." She know how powerful the Council is, and she's afraid that Head Councillors withdraw her recent mission if they caught her doing some killings without  their consent and a client.

Yeah, i bend a rules again.

It's indicated in their organization's rules that a Assassin; whether you're Class A nor Class X, that you shouldn't get into fights or killings without a client especially without a  permission from your seniors or Councillors.

"Hayy. What if they found out?"

"No, im confident not." Then she pull out from her jacket the pocket knife she used to throw on Dragona's foot.

It is the only thing she hold there, excluding her katana, ofcourse.

Four just 'tssk' before getting the knife in her hands and wipe the remaining blood on it using the hospital blanket shes' using.

"What does the doctor said? Can you go out now?"

"Tss. Fuck the doctor. I'll go out whenever I want." She answered sharply.

"Then, let's go. I don't want to stay here any longer, and we're leaving tomorrow morning." Tumayo ito at ibinulsa ang pocket knife.

"Okay then," sagot niya at maingat na bumaba sa kama.

Kinuha niya ang mga gamit sa gilid at paika-ikang lumakad palabas.

-*-

Gaya ng plano, hindi nagtagal sa Japan si Ash at umuwi rin isang araw makalipas. Hapon na nang makarating siya sa Northern Airfield at doon sinalubong siya ng isang ka-tandaang lalaki.