Worlds Explained

Lexa

"Heda. There have been sightings of Wanheda near a trading post not far from the Azgeda boarder." Lexa didn't even look at the man, instead she watched bored as her knife spun between her hands. The ambassador wanted her attention, she could feel his stare on the side of her head.

"I thought I asked you for important information from the Azgeda boarder." The tension in the room was palpable, it was no secret everyone else here believed Waheda's whereabouts important, but to Lexa it was an issue she wished to leave alone. Clarke, no matter how angry would never turn to Azgeda for revenge, she knew this, as surely as she knew of her position as Heda. The ambassadors wouldn't understand, Titus more so. Since the fall of the Maunon, he has been more insufferable than usual.

"Heda, please. If Wanheda wishes to ally with Azgeda it could pose a threat." Titus. Of course, he would be the one to oppose her decision to leave the Sky girl alone.

"What makes you think Wanheda is there to ally with Azgeda?" Lexa could see the wheels turning in Titus' bald head. What angle was she playing? Where was this question leading? Why would it matter why she was there, Wanheda was a threat no matter her location?

"What other reason could Wanheda have for skirting the edges of the Trikru boarder for so long?" He didn't think she had an answer, believed he had won this battle. Even with the eyes of all clan representatives on them, he thinks he had won. Foolish man.

Looking up from her knife, Lexa levelled Titus with a glower that had had lesser men on their knees begging. "There is much unoccupied land towards the Azgeda boarder with no Trikru wishing to live so close, even now. Wanheda is there to be left alone. To expel her demons, should they wish to come for the kongeda next." Her words had Titus gulping and the ambassadors paling in the seats.

Had they truly never thought her deal with the Maunon would come back to haunt them after Wanheda slew their greatest enemy in one motion? "Bants (leave)" The ambassadors were bowing before making haste towards the throne room doors.

Once alone with Titus, Lexa stared at him until he followed the ambassadors out the doors. Finally alone, Lexa let her mask slip for a moment as she processed news on Klark kom Skikru. She was alive, she was okay. The barest hint of a smile pulled at her lips knowing that she hadn't died during her three months alone. She had wanted to send scouts so many times, but if word reached that their Heda was searching for Wanheda – even just to know she was safe – would complicate things.

She had sent someone, someone Lexa trusted more than most. They hadn't taken the task lightly, but to know Clarke was alive, not just hoping so with the General still not returning to Polis, was relieving. Anya had said if anyone other than Lexa asked, she would have refused. Lexa knew it was a lie. Anya would have gone to repay her debt to the 'Sky Girl' as she likes to call her.

The ambassadors had agreed that a meeting with Skikru was needed, she could guise a trip to the area as travelling to discern a possible meeting with Abi kom Skikru. It would not be out of the blue and thought an irrational decision, especially with the trips Trikru scouts have observed Skikru making to Mount Weather.

Leaving the throne room, the guards bowed their heads with respecting "Heda" following both. "Send Titus to my chambers." She didn't wait for any verbal reply, she wouldn't get one. She had barely made it two steps when the one on the other side of the door was leaving to find Titus. Hopefully she would beat him to her chambers and have time to start making a pack. He would not be receptive of the idea, knowing she would order he remain in Polis to maintain it in her absence.