34

"Well ok" Toby spoke and Cameron and I stood side by side. "Thank you for telling me" Cameron spoke and Toby nodded again.

"Well I think her and I need to have a talk about tomorrow thank you for bringing her home saftly" Cameron talked and we looked at Toby.

"Thanks mate. You're a real one" Cam spoke again and smiled and Toby walked over to us.

"Make sure she gets there on time tomorrow" she pointed at him and he nodded.

"Of course I will. There is nothing to worry about. She is amazing" Cameron spoke and they both looked at me and I nodded.

"I'm pretty great" I shrugged and smiled. "Alright then. I'm going home. Be careful and to bed by at least 12 please" Toby told me and I nodded.

She smiled and then walked out the door. It shut and Cameron busted out laughing. "Man" he chuckled and I laughed.

"10 minutes for the pizza. Go put some PJ's on and meet on the couch" Cameron told me and walked to the kitchen. I smiled and ran to my room. I got changed and then walked out and saw Cameron eating pizza.

"Couch. We're watching a movie" he told me and we walked over and he brought the pizza. We ate and watched the movie. We sat there and I was starting to get tired.

I yawned and laid my head on his shoulder as I watched the movie. My eyes closed after a while and then I was asleep.

-

I woke up to the sound of an alarm. I groaned and my eyes shot open. I was on the couch and Cameron was passed out beside me.

"Its on the table. Shut it off" Cameron spoke while his eyes were still closed. I sat up and tapped his phone.

"Cameron what time does school start?" I asked him and he yawned. "8. Why?" He asked me. "Its 7:50" I told him and his eyes shot open.

"Go get dressed I'll make you breakfast. Go go go" he spoke and got up really fast. I ran to my room and dug through my drawers and found something to wear. I hurried and put it on.

I ran to the bathroom to see what I looked like. A crackhead. I brushed my hair and teeth and washed my face and I looked ok.

"Beatrix!" Cameron yelled and my heart dropped for a second and I remembered. I walked out and he handed me a pop tart and had one in his mouth as well. Along with his keys.

"I gotta be there too" he spoke and buttoned his over shirt. "Let's go" he spoke and we walked out and we got in the car.

"I already packed your bag. I'm awesome" he spoke as he grabbed it from the back. He started the car and it was 7:59. I groaned as we started to drive.

"How far away is school. What if I can't find my way?" I asked him nervously. "What if somthing happens?" I asked him and he smiled.

"What" I asked him nervously. "Nothing is gonna happen. You are an amazing kid" he told me and I breathed.

"Ok" I spoke but my head was still racing. We drove over the speed limit and we parked next to the school at 8:08. We got out and we ran up the steps and buzzed in to the high school.

We sat in the quiet office and waited for the principal. "Beatrix our newest student. Come on in" a fat blad man in a suit smiled.

I stood up along with Caneron and we walked over. "And you must be Cameron" they shook hands and he smiled and nodded.

"How old are you boy?" The principal frowned and looked at Cameron. "26 sir" Cameron cleared his throat.

"Well step in to my office." They let go of each other and we all walked in. We sat down in front of his large desk and the principal sat down behind his desk.

"Sorry for the wait. School starts at 8 and I assumed you would be here by then" he told us. "I'm really sorry. I take forever to get ready. It won't happen again. She is still adjusting to living here Mr. Uh-" Cameron stopped.

"Finkel" the principal spoke and I almost laughed and I saw Cameron was close too laughing.

"Finkel" Cameron spoke and bit his cheek. "I don't want excuses. Just the truth and next time be on time" Mr. F spoke and we both nodded, but he glared at Cameron.

"So Beatrix. By the sound of your voice you aren't from around here are you?" Mr. F spoke and looked at me.

"No sir. I'm from America. Cameron here he uh-" I spoke and looked at him. "I adopted her because she was in an abusive house hold and I don't think any kid deserves what she has been through in the last 17 years" Cameron told him and sat straight up.

"Adpotion" Mr. F spoke and cleared his throat. "Yes I've got all the legal documents right here" Cameron spoke and pulled it a folder.

"That's. That's alright" Mr. Finkle spoke and sat back in his chair. It was quiet for a moment.

"Well Beatrix it is wonderful to have you. You are in grade 12 correct?" He asked me and I nodded. "Yes sir." I spoke and he nodded and stood up.

"Well I need to go get some paperwork and have your fa- guardian fill it out then we should be good to go" He told us and then walked out.

Cameron breathed out and shook his head as he slouched. "What was that about?" I asked him and he looked at me. "What?" He asked me confused.

"She was in an abusive house hold and I feel like no kid should ever have to go through that" I mocked his voice and he looked at me.

"Dude he thought we were like- he thought" Cameron studdered and I crossed my arms. "He thought-" he spoke and sighed.

"What?" I asked. "He thought I was having sex with a girl underage. Did you see the way he looked at us. He thought you were here to just. Ugh" he sighed and I frowned.

"Oh" I said quietly and he nodded. "Ok I'm sorry" I told him and he shook his head. "No your fine." He told me and I smiled.

"But we would have been fucked if he wanted to see those papers" he chuckled a bit. "Why? Don't you have them?" I asked worried and he nodded.

"Yea but I grabbed the wrong folder." He told me and picked up the folder then opened it.

It had tortillas in it and we both laughed. The door opened and he put a finger to his lips as he closed the folder and put it on the ground.