Chapter 5

'The view ain't so bad, but looking at all those corrupted faces I feel nauseous.'

I looked around the room and saw numerous faces filled with hatred. I decided to tease them a bit.

"My apology, but the atmosphere is quite dull isn't it?" I say with a faint smirk.

"You are being delusional, Prodigy." Says Minister Yang as he turns to face me and we have a staring contest.

He is not necessarily a threat to Yeosang but he isn't good either.

"Minister Yang, If you really think I'm being delusional then I hope the frown on your face is my imagination too." I remark. It's just a battle that goes on in the throne room. A light hearted one which no one pays much attention to. Knowing the King will take his time to ascend the throne since right now, Probably, He is being praised by the people.

Soon to be his people.

A soft smile creeps on my face and Ma Yi seems to notice. "That smile says a million things, (Y/n). What is it this time?" She asks curiously and I shrug. My hairpin clanking.

Ma Yi ruled the Kingdom for almost five years and the Kingdom was perfectly fine. Her rule influenced many as she made me and some of her most trusted people go to the outer city and deliver them some requirements secretly.

"I believe that My King will be the most righteous one, just like his mother." I say with a grin on my face and Yi Na seems to notice the admiration in my eyes as she giggles.

"Prodigy is really good at heart, I believe you would like me to grant a request." Ma Yi teasingly says and I softly laugh.

" Apology your highness, but I was being sincere. But if you'd like, I'm willing to accept your kindness wisely in the future." From the corner of my eyes, I see someone smirk at me and I instantly recognise it as Choi San.

We usually collide at the library, his mother forcing him there and me usually going to check on new arrivals.

He's the mischievous type and tends to randomly come up with weird pick up lines that I believe would be titled as 'flirting'.

His gaze stays fixed on me but I decide to ignore it.

"The rule is to never go back on your words." Ma Yi calmly states and I nod in agreement.

As we converse, the Gong is heard and we all decide to remain silent as it indicates the arrival of our new king.

'I believe you to be the best among best and the sincerest among corrupts.'

I may not have interacted with him alot, but that night he showed me of how powerful he can be with his attitude.

In the corrupted place, where people are power hungry and all they want is the highest rank, there will be a change. The unattainable place will become the unthinkable place as they will know that they are no match for a purity like his.

"The King has arrived at the palace!" The Gong beater says and we all decide to walk out of the throne room and to the throne field. Where all the events will take place and where the king will be throned.

In the corner of my eye, I notice Pa Hi gritting her teeth and mumbling something among the lines 'she will be next'.

'At this point I won't be surprised if she would go berserk.'

I heave a sigh and she seemed to notice, glaring at me like a predator getting turned on by their prey.

I notice that Unlike when Lady Ma Yi was getting throned, The King had different Ceremony. Something that didn't fit well. Probably because They don't mind the Queen and her power much.

"Lady Yi Na, I want you to declare the ceremonies." Ma Yi says to Yi Na as she bows and walks in middle of the huge crowd.

"We have gathered here to witness the new king taking over the kingdom and making it a Better place." Yi Na says loudly but not harshly.

Cheers are heard among the crowd and a carriage catches my eye.

The red color carriage designed with gold linings indicating the color of a dragon. Four people carrying it and a very sincere man sitting on the golden luxury as his posture was lean.

As for his looks, his eyes glisten with admiration at the gathering and his posture remained calm. His Hanbok made up of Red and gold, matching the colour of the carriage-

More like the carriage matching him. His hair were neatly sweeped with some of his strands neatly placed behind his ears.

The carriage stopped and the men softly kept his carriage. The golden veil hanging from the top of the carriage as it shielded him from the sunlight. Two servants appeared and they splitted the veil in half as they kept their heads exactly 90°.

He stepped down from his seat gracefully, something that made me think of him as a king was his natural nobleness.

As soon as he stepped down, everyone except the queens and me, kneeled in front of him and the four of us bowed to him.

He gracefully walked till the numerous stairs and stopped to glance at Ma Yi.

I glanced at him in my cramped position and it seems that his gaze met mine and he gave a small smile.

'He looks so nervous, Oh God give him the power.'

I mentally pray for him as he starts walking up the stairs and towards us, more like towards the throne.

The throne stays empty, calling for everyone to come and claim it.

Ma Yi and Yeosang looks at each other as they near the throne.

Ma Yi smiles proudly at her child and he bows to her. A sigh escapes my lips and as I look up, I meet the ethereal eyes.

The eyes of Kang attract me alot since mother always used to say that they have a unique pair of eyes.

"I, Ma Yi, take the decision to pass on the heredity of the diseased king, Kang Ji Yan, to the 3rd son of the second Queen Kang, Kang Yeosang." People look at the Crown being delivered by a servant towards the Queen in curiosity as the servant nervously yet professionally bring the crown.

I couldn't hold the smile that crept on my face when I glanced at Ma Yi to see her eyes tearing up.

"I, Kang Yeosang, will protect my kingdom like my own and I will make sure to shoulder any of your responsibilities as your king." As soon as Yeosang finishes his sentence, the crowd abrupts in cheers as Yeosang can't help but crack a smile.

'You are doing it right, king."

I had the urge to say him something assuring but that would interrupt the ceremony.

The crown was gracefully taken by Ma Yi as she caught it carefully. She places it on her Son and another wave of cheers come as we all move back to our positions.

"Now, The royal advisor shall speak from the people's side!" Yi Na announced in the same tone, loud but not harsh.

I bow down to Yi Na first then I walk to the middle of the stairs and turn to Yeosang, kneeling on my one knee.

"I, [Y/n], swear by My great Nation that, I will be faithful and bear true Loyalty to His Great Highness, His Heirs and Successors according to law. I will give my loyalty to the Kang Kingdom and respect its rights and freedoms." I say it loudly for it to echo and the people start chanting.

"All Hail King Yeosang!"

"Long Live King Yeosang!"

TBC~