Chapter 8

Queen Pa Hi was punished. She was told to not interfere in political matters. This time, Neither San nor me could stop him. It was his decision and we thought it's better for the kingdom.

I sat in my office. A very comfortable place in the whole palace because here I keep myself busy and away from everything.

"Lady Kim!" A cheerful voice welcomes itself and I see Chan placing himself on a chair in front of my desk.

"Yes, Sir Kang?" I peek from my lids and then go back to writing reports.

"I have a work for you!" He folds his arms and leans on the table, a smile covering his intentions.

I've known this guy as a Deal maker. He will offer you something and will take something. And he always seems to have the upper hand.

"I have no news of some work for me so please excuse me, I have other works to be done." I place my papers together in a file and stand but he grabs my hand and pulls me down.

"Sir Kang I have no work with you." I immediately say but he hold my wrist tighter.

"It's about Yeosang." As soon as he says his brother's name I turn to face him and lean closer on the table.

"It's lord Yeosang." I glare at him but he seems to take it playfully as he laughs.

"(Y/n) how many times should we all say, No formalities." As he says the last words, his eyes show seriousness. I heave a sigh and lean on my chair. I gave up.

"Hyung..." His tone seemed to change into a serious one. I try to search for answers in his eyes but they remain emotionless.

"What of Daesung?" I raise my eyebrow and he stares at me in confusion.

"You said no formalities, So he's my friend you know." I say as a matter of fact and he laughs.

"Exactly why I knew you'd be perfect for this." Even though he was saying it playfully, it had a meaning to it.

"What is the 'this' that you talk of?" I try to finish it as soon as possible. There is one more thing that makes me admire the Kangs. It might be weird but, They manipulate people well.

"He's planning something, not the same Hyung from before." Chan seem to be both worried and raged as he frowns.

"Yes, I know that." As soon as I say that Chan's eyes meet mine in shock as mine stay neutral.

As I said before, Kang Daesung was a strategist and we used to combine our thoughts at times, exactly why I thought he was trouble.

I being the stupid Observer I am, decided to trace his strategy style and turns out he learnt it from his Mother's step-brother.

Again, me being stupid, I checked them out and damn it was so tough because of the security over there but, that's not the point right now.

I recently caught him trying to create a battle between the Kangs and Songs and Immediately requested Yeosang to call Mingi as our guest.

"He's the one whose trying to cause the wars." I simply say and Chan seem to give a smirk and leans back in his chair.

"You know yet you aren't saying Yeosang, seriously?" He mocks me and this time, I smirk and tilt my head. Giving him the most innocent face.

"He knows." I simply say and his face turns in shock. I nod proudly and stand to keep the file in it's place.

"So, You both are not doing anything?" He raises his eyebrow as he follows my every move.