》Chapter 16. Uncaring Rival (Myth #2)《

It was years after Alex had been killed in Herobrine's fury. Steve sat in the very same house, sorrowful and alone. He saw Alex as a sister, and that only sister was killed by his brother by blood.

Steve growled. He blamed himself. Steve knew it was his fault that Herobrine was furious with him. He had provoked him, pushing his brother over the edge. In their family, Steve was the better twin. The more cared for one. Herobrine was ignored. Cared for, yes, but just barely.

Because of that, a hate between Herobrine and Steve grew, growing so large that almost always, their arguments turned physical.

A black eye or a fractured arm was common. A bruise or a cut from a tool was also common. Injuries in general were common.

But Herobrine was usually the one with the injuries. Steve knew that he was the better fighter, having been trained by his father. Herobrine was taught nothing. He only was able to defend since they fought so often.

Steve lifted his shirt up and traced a scar that lined his side. It was from an argument with Herobrine. His brother had actually managed to leave a lasting mark with his sword. Steve frowned, remembering the victorious grin on Herobrine's face. Whenever Steve hurt Herobrine, he would feel bad and try to help him. He only got pushed away, as Herobrine would go heal himself with potions that he stole from the local villagers.

In fact, the cut was so deep, that Steve passed out from blood loss. Herobrine had done it with a diamond sword, one of the only diamond tools in the area. The others belonged to Steve and his father, along with very few diamond gardening tools.

He lived because someone had found him. Let's just say that Herobrine... wasn't seen for the next few days.

Steve moved onto another scar, this time it was on his right arm. Herobrine pushed him off of a cliff, leaving him with a broken arm, two hearts left, and a broken leg. Herobrine didn't care, though, as he never did.

Steve's eyes blurred, as he remembered the day that Alex was murdered. Since then, he had visited the 'Higher Powers' to try and get her back.

No attempt of his succeeded. Who were the 'Higher Powers'? What they sound like. People who have more power than the average players, and even the admins.

You may recognize them. Notch. Entity 303 (also known as 303). Null.

However, their story is for another day.

Steve almost cursed them out loud. However, he didn't as he knew that doing that would lead to worse than perma-death. No one knew what was worse than perma-death, but apparently, something was.

Steve stood up from his chair he was sitting in and looked around the house. It looked like it was abandoned. Steve didn't clean it, as it reminded him of Alex. She cleaned, he cooked. It was how things were, before...

He sniffed, wiping a tear from his eyes. The blue shirted man cautiously looked out the window with narrowed eyes.

Herobrine would sometimes make random attacks. Most would leave Steve with minor injuries, like a few scrapes or bruises. Other times, it'd be more severe. Like a broken arm, or concussion. And even occasionally, death.

It caused him to be more paranoid. Even the quietest of sounds could make Steve jump up with a sword in his hand. It was bad, extremely bad. He's been better though, been able to control himself more.

Steve sat back down on a couch in a different room. He sat forward, putting his head in his hands and sighing loudly.

Steve didn't know what he could do. Talking about it with Herobrine was automatically out, as verbal arguments would lead to physical, no doubt. He couldn't attack back, as at this point in time didn't want to kill Herobrine, and couldn't perma-death since the server they were in was a stable one. Though they both had some form of magic, it wasn't strong enough to do perma-kill. Only just normal death.

So Steve chose the smart thing to do.

Stay away from Herobrine, like any sane person would.

(714 words)

(if youre curious, yes, there will be a myth about the Higher Powers.)