Chapter 35. Epilogue

A little over a year had passed since the Hermits left the infirmary together. Much has changed all over Minecraft, and it probably was for the better.

It was close to the end of Hermitcraft Season VII. Every Hermitcrafter was closer than they were before. Even though some of them parted ways, they still were great friends and stayed with each other, even through the harder times. However, they always kept in touch. The group chat was never the same after the fight, which was deemed “The Two Leaders’ Fall”. Such creativity.

The original Nether was still in its restored condition, except the fortress, which was kept in its ruin-like state. Less perma-deaths happened in general, which means that the inhabitants had less visitors. However, Xisuma kept his promise and visited at least once a month.

The original Overworld was restored back to how it was without lava everywhere. Steve returned and told Null and 303 what had happened. No doubt they were furious with the other two. They were disappointed that they couldn’t witness their demise since it had already happened. Grian visited a few times, intimidated by the two he hadn’t met before, but eventually got used to them.

The three Prime Admins had their own decisions. Hypixel was busy with his server, but was able to take care of Minecraft. Grian had his Hermitcraft and building tutorials to do, but he also kept us with his responsibilities. Libra, however, took a break a couple days after she was woken up. She claimed that she needed to rest for a little, since the spell did more than just put her in a coma. They let her, releasing her of her Prime Admin duties since she was there the longest out of the tree of them. She could return when she wanted, she would just have to redo the trial. It was like being a Tier Argentum again.

Through that year, the cast on Grian’s wings was still fastened tight. Though it felt like it wasn’t injured anymore, he kept it on just in case. Besides that, most of his scars from the battle were healed, but some decided to stay. He was used to it, though. He didn’t let his appearance stop his performance as a Prime Admin, and he would never let out that he was now a Higher Power.

Xisuma’s Aurum Tier trial was coming closer. Grian made sure he knew what to expect, but he would still be hard on him. Just because they play on the same server, doesn’t mean that their grading scale will change. When the day came, Xisuma and Grian left for two days, heading to the Admin HeadQuarters. Xisuma came back with two new white and golden wings. Grian came back without a cast on his own pair.

Yes, Grian’s wings finally got healed after confirmation from a healer. Yes, Xisuma passed his test, though coming back with a few more scars than normal. One part of the trial is to duel the current Prime Admins. It was not an easy task, but he finished it.

The day after the trial, Xisuma changed his visor back to purple, how it was two years ago. He made a part of his armor silver to show that he did indeed go through that rank, as it is required to have some silver visible.

Just a few hours later, Grian and Xisuma glided across the server together. Grian was teaching Xisuma how to use the wings. A few failed attempts later, Xisuma was able to hover in relatively one spot.

"For Heaven's sake, how can you do this without getting tired?" Xisuma huffed, pushing his wings down. Grian laughed, effortlessly hovering in the same spot while Xisuma was basically going in circles.

"X, I've been doing this for a little over fifteen years. Though I couldn't use them for a year, muscle memory helps." Grian scicked as he watched Xisuma fall out the air again.

"So basically practice." Xisuma said like nothing happened.

"Yes." Xisuma groaned, knowing that he'll have to take more time to learn his new abilities.

Nothing else had happened this year. No betrayal, no new enemies, no threats, nothing. There were those rebels and their groups here and there, but nothing the admins couldn't take care of. 

~ . . . ~

Grian traced the scar on his face from the Head Watcher two years ago, staring out and into the sunset. He opened his large wings with a whoosh, pushing them down. Grian quickly gained momentum and flew straight up. When he got at a really high height, he hovered for a few moments. Smiling, he traced the scar on his face once more. He pointed his body downwards, gaining speed quickly. Grian started to talk to himself, as if someone were listening.

"I said no to your offer. But look at what happened anyway." Grian's hand lit up with a blue glow. "This happened. A magic much more powerful than yours ever could have been." He paused. Grian decided to shout a selected word that would make Kyros smile if he heard. Even Grian was smiling as he yelled it.

"Sayonara!"

(863 words)