EX

(1205)

(This kinda all of the place. I just free wrote so....)

"We went from to 2 a.m calls to zero communication"

Your call has been forwarded to an automated voice messaging sy-

I press the hang up button with a sigh. She can't even bother to pick up my calls now. I don't get it. We didn't end on bad terms, at least not to me. I look back on my call log seeing that, without even realizing it, I've called her 7 times.

7 times her phone rang, she saw my name, and pressed decline. 7 times it proved that I wasn't as important to her anymore.

Why would i be? We're broken up. I have no value in her daily life anymore.

"Just cause it's different, and we're not the same. Doesn't mean things have to change."

"What are you doing here?" She asks with a surprised look in her face.

"You weren't answering any of my calls." I say balancing on the heels of my feet, standing outside her apartment.

"Yea, sorry. I've been busy." She says.

"Uh, come in." She says moving out of the way.

I walk in awkwardly, seeing all of our frien- her friends sitting on the couch.

"Hey, y/n." Zach says, giving me an awkward smile.

"Hey guys." I say, giving them a small wave.

"Uh, we were just about to pop open some wine bottles and play a broad game. Wanna join?" Maddison asks from her spot on the couch

"Oh no. I don't wanna impose." I say a little shaky.

"Stay." Billie says causing me to look at her.

"For old times sake?" She asks.

"I guess." I say with a little smile.

We all played a bunch of bored games, and everything felt normal. Billie and I were laughing together, and it wasnt forced. We were in the same room and for once it wasn't awkward. It felt like things hadn't changed, but in th back of my head I knew they had and that this feeling wasn't gonna last forever.

"I don't wanna be your ex, we're way too good at being friends."

"So y/n, there's a party later on tonight." Maddison begins.

"Really Maddison?" Billie asks, giving her a "are you serious look".

"What?" She asks, putting her hands up in defences.

"You know Taylor is going to that party, cuz I invited her. And now your inviting my ex?" She asks getting frustrated.

"Bro y/n is my friend still, doesn't matter what happened between yall. I've known her since junior year. Sorry if I wanted to invite her." Maddison says, giving Billie a sarcastic apology before waking into the kitchen.

"Can I talk to you?" I ask, nodding toward the bedroom.

"Sure." Billie says with a sigh, getting up.