Chapter Eleven: She Belongs With That Boy

You woke up the next morning feeling happy for the first time in a long time. Jungkook was snoring softly next to you and life felt good again. Especially now that you were dating Taehyung.

You checked your phone.

Baby: Good morning beautiful 😘

You: good morning handsome!

Baby: I miss you 😣 I wish I could see you today, but my parents made stupid plans with another business client

You: it's okay! it's not your fault, i'll see you on monday ❤️

Baby: You're amazing, y/n. See you then 😍

You: See ya!

You found the emojis that he used cringe worthy. But he was your boyfriend, so it was fine. All boys type like that.

"Y/n~" Jungkook cooed next to you.

"The fuck you want?" You asked as you turned to face your annoying best friend.

"Lay back down, its Sunday!!" He whined and tugged you onto the bed.

"I have things to do today, Kookie!"

Jungkook smiled at his nickname. Yuqi had called him Kookie once and it didn't feel the same. His cheeks warmed up and he pulled you to him.

"Things to do? Sounds lame. Let's sleep."

You sighed happily and cuddled with him until you found yourself in a deep sleep.

Your parents had walked in to say good morning, but found the two of you completely passed out and hugging.

"I ship it," Your mom said to your dad.

"What does that mean?"

"Ugh. You're uncultured. Shipping means..." she took a second to collect her thoughts, "When you want two people to be in a relationship or just really support a relationship because it's cute."

"Oh. So you're 'shipping' our daughter to her best friend?" He asked.

"Yes. Yes I am."

Your dad shrugged, "I guess they'd be cute together. But doesn't she have a boyfriend?"

"Indeed she does, but she truly belongs with this boy. You can tell she loves him."

"How so?"

"I mean, look at them!" She exclaimed quietly to not wake you up, "Did you see how sad she was a few weeks ago? I could see her about to cry every evening. She missed him."

"That could've easily been her just missing her best friend," Your dad pointed out.

"Let me have this one, Harold."

Your dad shrugged again and took his wife's hand, leading her out of your room.

The day continued amazingly. You and Jungkook didn't get up until after noon. The two of you played video games all day and life was good.

The next day, you returned to school. Jungkook was driving as usual and you were jamming to BigBang songs.

The two of you arrived to the parking lot and you found Taehyung waiting for you at the front gate. You smiled and turned happily to Jungkook. He smiled sadly and nodded.

You gave him a quick peck on the cheek, you always have him one before leaving. Of course you've gotta kiss your homie goodbye.

You ran over to your boyfriend and he picked you up in a tight hug. He happily pressed his lips to yours and gave you a soft smile.

"You're beautiful today, y/n."

"Thank you Tae," You blushed slightly. He took your hand into his and walked with you around school.

Jungkook sat in his car and pressed his forehead to the wheel. He took a few deep breaths and thought for a moment.

His mind filled with images of you. Memories of the two of you hanging out and just having fun.

He thought of these things a lot. He thought of you.

Why?

Why was his mind always filled with you? Why would he never be able to get you out of his head? Even if he tried his best, you'd always lurk in there.

Your beautiful eyes made his heart skip a beat and your smile made him want to hug you tightly.

But Taehyung got to do that.

Taehyung has you. All of you.

He felt his chest tightening with sadness and his eyes ached with tears.

Instead of picturing you in Taehyung's arms, he pictured you in his. He didn't want you to be with any other man.

Why couldn't he just accept that you don't belong to him? Taehyung is your boyfriend and he should be happy for you. You've loved that boy for years. You deserved that happiness.

So why was he so sad?

He thought back to that morning and what your parents had said.

"She truly belongs with this boy. You can tell she loves him."

Jungkook knew he loved you, of course he did. He knew you loved him too.

However, he felt that it wasn't the same amount. Or..

Maybe it was a different type of love?

Again... He thought of your smile, your lips, your eyes, your laugh, and everything that made you beautiful.

A tear leaked from his eyes as he looked at himself in the rear view mirror.

"I love her."