Chapter Nine: Please Be Mine

With those words said, the game began. Your heart was pounding in your chest as you fought against his player. He wasn't going down without a fight. He wasn't going to let you win this time either. Both of you felt oddly frustrated with each other and not exactly in an angry way. 

The game was tied and there was one minute left. 

Jungkook put up a good fight, but ultimately, your character annihilated his in a matter of a few minutes. The score was extremely close, but with one last hit, you claimed victory. The two of you made eye contact for a long time before breaking into bright smiles. 

This was the competition you needed. Jungkook opened his mouth to say something, but Taehyung had come to your side. He put your hand in his and slightly pulled you backwards with him.

"What's going on, y/n?" he asked as he stared bullets at Jungkook.

"Just some friendly competition," you smiled back at Tae. He, however, didn't look pleased whatsoever. Yuqi had returned and made her way over to Jungkook, confused about the situation.

"Kookie! Who're they?" She hooked onto his arm and your jaw clenched. 

"This, Yuqi, is my best friend." Jungkook told her and her mouth gaped open in shock.

"O-Oh! I see. It's nice to meet yo-" Yuqi was going to introduce herself, but you rolled your eyes subconsciously and she hesitated. 

Taehyung felt conflicted as hell. He didn't like the way you looked at Jungkook, it wasn't at all similar to how you looked at him. The way you smiled at each other set off something in his head and he was well aware of his emotions.

Taehyung was jealous. Really jealous.

"So, now you decide to actually pretend she exists?" He snarled at Jungkook. The bunny boy's eyes widened.

"What happened was purely an accident- I didn't mean to upset her whatsoever."

"Bullshit. Let's go y/n."

Your eyes looked at your best friend and then back at your crush. Without a goodbye, you left the bunny boy shocked and slightly upset. Slightly, meaning that his heart felt like it was stomped on as he watched you walk away.

The day went by and your date continued. Now, for some reason, Taehyung seemed more aggressive. His sweet nature had disappeared after that encounter. You didn't like this version of him.

He couldn't lose you to Jungkook. Not when he was there first. Taehyung had feelings for you since the beginning of eighth grade and he wasn't going to let some stupid boy take you away from him. He hadn't had the nerve to talk to you as much as he had liked to. He was too nervous. 

He, originally, was going to get closer to you during high school. 

But Jungkook had come by and ruined it all. He looked over to you while you stared at your hands sadly. His heart sank a bit.

"Y/n." You looked up slightly and faked a smile.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry for how I acted over there. I'm truly sorry. I just-" He tried explaining as your soft eyes examined him.

"I'm scared, that's all." He finished. Your eyebrows furrowed slightly in confusion.

"Scared? Why would you be scared?"

"It isn't obvious?" He chuckled as he looked out the window. He turned as you shook your head, indicating that you didn't know what he meant.

"I don't want you falling in love with anyone," He whispered as he placed his big hand on your small one.

"Wha-"

"Unless it's with me." 

He looked up at you with the most vulnerable look you had ever seen. You felt like you were going to pass out, this was a moment you had dreamed of.

"Taehyung, I-" You struggled to speak.

"I couldn't bare to see you with anyone else, it hurts too much," He went on. Your mouth gaped open and you didn't know what to say.

"To save me from that pain... Will you please be mine?" He asked you in the softest voice. You smiled brightly.

"Of course I'll be yours. Today, tomorrow, whenever. I'm all yours, Taehyung."

Without a single second spent, his lips landed on yours.

This is the very moment in which you should've felt fireworks go off in your head. 

You should've felt a wave of relief crash over you as your lips locked. That's how it always went in your dreams. You had just kissed Kim Taehyung.

And your heart did nothing.

Nothing out of the ordinary, it continued to beat as it always did. 

Taehyung, however, felt like the universe had just aligned. He felt like this was exactly where he was supposed to be. You made him happier than anyone else could.