Chapter Fifteen: Making Up

The next few days at school were awkward, people began to realize that the rumor was a complete lie. Some even came up to you to apologize.

However, it didn't stop some girls from sending you horrible texts. Some that upset you even further. It was like the nightmare just wouldn't end.

Jungkook was by your side the whole time back at home. He had kind of pushed Yuqi to the side so he could comfort you. They hadn't hung out in a week or two. Their relationship wasn't sailing so smoothly.

Your best friend would always curl up to you and comfort you while you cried. You were hearing horrible horrible things from some people. It truly wasn't fair to you. Jungkook was to go back to school in a few more days, everything would be okay.

Meanwhile, Yuqi hadn't stopped panicking. After having that talk with you, she started realizing something.

Maybe she didn't like Jungkook was much as she thought she did. Their conversations revolves around the same things, he didn't share the same interests as she did, he was nowhere near as affectionate as she needed him to be. He was just kind of... There.

She hadn't even started thinking about loving him. Maybe this was because her mind was fogged with thoughts of someone else.

He had texted her one night when Jungkook was too busy to talk to her.

Jimin: yuqi... can i talk to you?

Yuqi: ... talk to me about what?

Jimin: please meet me at my house in an hour.

Yuqi: why would i want to do that?

Jimin: please...?

Yuqi: i don't think we have anything to talk about.

Jimin: i do. i have something really important to tell you.

Yuqi: .... fine.

So, that day, she made the choice to visit him. They had been best friends since they were tiny kids, it shouldn't have been so hard.

Jimin had gone with her into his room as he was home alone. They spoke a small bit about how they've been. The room got somewhat quiet as Jimin was preparing what to say.

"You messed up, you know that right?" Yuqi asked him as she looked at the boy.

"I'm aware of it. Thats... That's actually why I called you over."

"Well, are you just gonna apologize and end it there?"

"No. There's more, please just... Listen."

"Jimin, how can I just listen to you apologize when you hurt me purposely? You knew how I felt for you and still kissed me!"

"Please-"

"You still threw my feelings away like they meant nothing to you in the first pl—"

Jimin placed his hand on hers and she got quiet immediately.

"Listen," he whispered and she felt like she was going to cry.

"I don't know how to tell you this," He sighed, "But I love you. And you know that right?" He asked with vulnerability present in his soft voice. Yuqi nodded sadly.

"But you don't know how much. And I guess I didn't know either."

A few seconds passed and the two of them stayed silent.

"That night, I felt the happiest I've ever felt. When I kissed you, I felt like the whole world had come alive. That's how I knew I loved you beyond friendship," Jimin took a deep breath.

"I want to spend my every single day with you. You don't know how hard it's been without you. I don't even know who I am when you're gone and I didn't want to accept that I loved you. I'm so stupid for that. I knew you liked me and it was clear that I liked you too. But I didn't want everything we had to just collapse. You... You get it?"

Yuqi had tears streaming down her face.

"Now, you're with Jungkook and it shattered me. I know I fucked up and you're happy with someone else. But in order to move on, I had to tell you. I had to tell you that I'm so in love with you, Yuqi."

She didn't know what to say, her heart was beating so quickly and she felt like she was glowing with happiness.

Yet, it wasn't present on her face. She looked truly heartbroken.

"You don't love me anymore... Do you?" Jimin asked as the butterflies in his stomach ran wild.

"I- I don't know what to say. I... I do love you. I do and I probably will forever. But..."

"You're with Jungkook," Jimin finished her sentence and she wiped her tear away.

"I'm sorry. I.. I shouldn't have even brought up my feelings. I'm selfish. I'm sorry, Yuqi... How are things with him? Are you as happy as you should be?"

Yuqi took a few moments before answering. Truthfully, she wasn't exactly happy with Jungkook. He was always talking about you or just staring off into space.

She couldn't blame him, though. She was always thinking of her best friend and how he made her feel.

"We're not so great. He's in love with his best friend and she loves him too," She sighed.

"What? So he's not being loyal to you?" Jimin was frustrated that a guy could just not care for you like that.

"He's loyal! Well... Physically, I guess. They haven't actually done anything with each other, not that I know of. He would break up with me first before making any moves on her, I know that," Yuqi didn't feel sad at all at the thought of breaking up with Jungkook.

"He's just always in his own world with her. And I can't blame him," She went on.

"Why not? You're amazing and he should have you as his first priority!"

Yuqi smiled a small bit before continuing.

"I haven't exactly been loyal to him either. My mind is always on someone else and I guess we're both just not interested in each other," She whispered the last part.

"Someone else? Who?" Jimin's eyes lit up with excitement.

"He's in love with his best friend... And I'm in love with mine," Yuqi's soft voice told him.

He smiled brighter than he's ever smiled.

Although it might've been cheating, Yuqi couldn't help but respond when Jimin kissed her.

It was truthfully the happiest moment of her life.