Chapter Fourteen: Rumors

It had been a month since you became official with Taehyung. Things were going fine, there were no arguments, no disagreements, nothing special. Internally, you wanted to say the word boring. 

But, he was a great boyfriend. You had no reason not  to like him. Something was missing, however. You didn't know what it was, he was great! Maybe it was the fact that you had not had a single good conversation with him. The two of you would say a few words to each other, to fill the awkwardness, he would kiss you. It was alright. It lacked emotion and you felt like being with him was just something else to add to your boring day.

Do you not want to be with Taehyung? 

You thought about it for a second before making up your mind and going to talk about it with someone. 

"Y/n?" The sweet girl turned to look at you as you came up to her. Her boyfriend was currently at his baseball practice and she was doing homework as she waited for him to finish and drive her home. 

"Yuqi!" You gave her a tight hug and felt her warmth take over you. Over this month, you've gotten close to her. She's an amazing girl and Jungkook is so lucky to have her. 

"What's up? You seem troubled?" She sat you down beside her on a bench. 

"How do you know if you're with the right person?" You asked her and her pretty brown eyes softened up a bit, she seemed slightly upset by the question.

"Hm... I guess just think about how you feel around this person. You're talking about Taehyung, huh? Tell me about him."

You shifted slightly in your chair and sucked in a quick breath.

"Well... He's really handsome, he's a gentleman, he cares about how I feel," You took a second to think about what else is good about him. Yuqi noticed your pause.

"Is that it?"

You hesitated before nodding.

"Gosh. Uh. Tell me how he makes you feel," She attempted to lighten up the mood as it got awkward. This was the part that got you stuck. You took a bit before answering. You leaned closer to her and sighed.

"Yuqi, whatever I tell you now... Promise never to just... Not tell?" 

Her eyebrows raised slightly and she nodded cautiously.

"I feel nothing. Nothing at all. He kisses me and I... I want him to stop," You covered your mouth as you realized what you just said.

"No no no! It's not... I do like him! I used to get super giddy around him, but now that we're dating... I don't feel like that anymore?" Your voice was shaking as you realized what this meant.

"Oh, y/n... There's no way you like this boy, much less love him," She said softly as she placed her small hand on yours. She gave you a gentle smile before asking, "What are you gonna do?"

You thought for a minute. She was absolutely right. You didn't like Taehyung, not at all. 

"I don't want to break his heart, Yuqi..."

"You'll hurt him even more if you don't tell him soon."

You sighed and placed your face on your hands. You were so frustrated with yourself. How could you lead him on like that? He had never done anything wrong. 

"I've gotta break up with him."

Yuqi comforted you for the next few moments before the bell rang. You made it home and contemplated the topic for the rest of your day. Jungkook came home after his practice and was extremely tired. His season had just started and the practices were tough. He was an amazing player, probably the best on the team.