Chapter Thirteen: He's Holding You

You laid in your bed that night extremely conflicted. Jungkook didn't hug you anymore. He actually made the decision to sleep on the floor. You helped him place layers and layers of blankets so it wouldn't hurt him.

He sat down on the ground and stared up at you. He noticed that you weren't being your usual self. It was odd.

"Y/n? What's wrong?" He asked as he looked into your saddened eyes.

"Huh? Nothing, I'm alright," You lied and turned away from him.

"You're lying. You're forgetting that I'm your best friend and I know you more than you know yourself. You're upset, what's wrong?"

You took a deep breath and cuddled tighter onto your teddy bear.

"I just..." You tried explaining it, "I feel like we're going to be apart a lot more now. I'm with Taehyung, you're with Yuqi. How about us time?"

Jungkook smiled softly at your innocence, you only wanted to hang out with your friend. Nothing less, nothing more. That's what he thought, at least.

"I won't let that get in between us," He answered seriously.

"Promise? No matter what happens," You turned to look at him, "I don't want to lose you again. Because... Those were the worst few weeks of my entire life, Jungkook. I can't be without you."

His heart sank to his stomach at your genuine confession. He knew very well that he felt the same way, plus the romantic aspect. Even if he wasn't your boyfriend, even if he didn't get to have his last name be yours, he wanted to be with you no matter what.

"I promise."

Yet, he didn't tell you anything. He was scared of ruining what you have. You were too special to him, telling you that he loves you would just disgust you. You had a boyfriend and he had a girlfriend. Things would move on. He would move on.

You yawned and closed your pretty eyes. Not after long, you fell asleep. Jungkook held himself back from admiring you, he couldn't do that anymore without falling more in love.

Yuqi waited for her boyfriend at their usual meeting spot, she liked him so much. She was always excited to see him and talk to him. Truthfully, she didn't like anime as much as she talked about it. She only talked about these things because Jungkook liked them.

Recently, he's seemed distracted by something. She had an idea of what it could be, but she kept denying it to herself. She was falling asleep as she waited for him on their bench. She felt a tap on her shoulder and she instantly woke up.

She turned around to have her eyes meet with those that belonged to Park Jimin.

"Chimmy?" She bubbled as she saw her best friend. His eyes were teary. He was trying his best to stay strong.

"Wait, why are you crying?" She stood up instantly to hug the sad boy. He instantly melted into her embrace and sobbed. She patted his back as he let it all out.

He pushed her back to look at her seriously.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Tell you what?" She asked as she was genuinely confused.

"You're dating Jeon Jungkook. You didn't tell me!" He seemed extremely upset and she didn't know what to say.

"I didn't think you would take it so hard that I didn't tell you-"

"You didn't think so? Are you oblivious, Yuqi? Can't you see that I l-" He tried to say before he saw Jungkook walking over to her.

"Fuck it, it doesn't even matter."

With that said, Jimin left. Yuqi stood there being extremely confused. Her boyfriend embraced her and she relaxed a bit.

She got on her tippy toes and gave him a quick peck on the lips. She couldn't help but think back to the night of Taehyung's party.

"Truth or dare?" Hoseok asked during the second round.

"Dare," Jimin answered with a smirk.

"I dare you to kiss the prettiest girl in this room."

Jimin took a second and held his breath. He let it out and turned to look at Yuqi. She smiled brightly, not knowing what was coming. He came straight up to her and kissed her.

She felt the happiest she had ever felt, she felt like she belonged to him and his lips. She hummed in relief as he let go. They stared at each other for a long time before Jimin spoke up.

"That was weird," He laughed mockingly. The room laughed along with him, leaving Yuqi humiliated for feeling so at ease for kissing him. She felt right with him and he felt weirded out with her.

She scoffed and left the party.

That was the night she met Jungkook. She wanted to take her mind off of the boy that she had just kissed. Maybe she wanted to just go home, maybe she just wanted a boy to spend the night with. But, she met Jungkook. He seemed upset as well.

She didn't at all mention what had happened with Jimin. She listened to Jungkook talk about you and decided that those who share the same pain bond well.

Both of them were pained by not being loved by their best friend. The two of them would heal each other, at least that's what she thought.

She really really missed Jimin.