Chapter Twelve: Lunchtime

He kicked your foot under your table, so you had no choice other than to kick him back harder. This moment described your whole first period, you missed sitting with him. But, today, he seemed awfully quiet.

"What's wrong Kookie?" You asked him as the class ended. His heart skipped again, he hadn't been able to look you in the eyes during the whole period.

"Nothing, I'm just distracted thinking about something," He answered as he stared at the ground.

"Something? Or someone?" You smirked and nudged his shoulder. He coughed in surprise. He looked at you as he assumed you had found out.

"How're things with Yuqi?" You asked with a soft smile as you walked with him to your next class. He let out a breath of relief.

"They're... Good! Yeah- Good!"

"That's nice! Hey, I see Taehyung. I'll catch up with you at lunch, our usual spot!"

And with that, you left him. Again.

Ever since he admitted to himself that he has feelings for you, things didn't feel the same. He wanted everything to be as it was, but something was missing. He'd catch himself simply staring at your lips from time to time. Everything had started to make sense since he realized this.

That day at the party, he wanted to kiss you. More than anything in the world, he wanted your lips to touch his. Instead, he watched Taehyung get to do those things. He felt incredibly defeated because he hadn't told you earlier.

Lunch time came, Yuqi was latched onto Jungkook's arm as he walked over to you and Taehyung. He was feeding you grapes and it was such a romantic scene to walk into.

"Uh-" Your best friend chuckled as he pretended not to be insanely hurt.

"Hey guys!" You exclaimed as you saw them. You felt Taehyung's grip on your hand tighten slightly when he saw Jungkook.

Jungkook's jaw clenched at the sight of your boyfriend. The jealousy was getting the best of the two. You looked at both of them and noticed there was tension.

"Hi y/n!" Yuqi smiled sweetly at you and your heart warmed up a bit. Her kindness was undeniable, even with just a simple hello.

"Hi Yuqi! Jungkook has told me a lot about you," You said as nicely as you could without seeming bitter. He didn't talk about her a lot, actually. But, the sweet girl's cheeks turned pink and she giggled.

"Aww, Kookie! You talk about me?"

Jungkook bit the inside of his cheek with cringe. The nickname didn't seem right from her.

"Mhm."

She sat down happily across from you and Jungkook sat next to her. Taehyung hadn't said a word since your best friend got there.

"Baby, what's wrong?" You looked at your silent boyfriend. His gaze softened as he looked in your eyes. His facial expression relaxed and he smiled.

"Nothing, my love."

You felt happier now and cuddled into his warm chest. It was cold out.

Jungkook felt upset again and he already knew why. You seemed so comfortable with Taehyung. His pulse accelerated and the situation just continued to get worse and worse.

The lunch period continued and you didn't talk to him at all. He kept making eye contact with an angry Taehyung and it was just overall really painful for him.

Yuqi had been talking on and on about an anime she liked. Jungkook had never watched it, so he had no idea what she was talking about.

You had been wanting to talk to your best friend, but he seemed much more interested in what Yuqi had to say. Taehyung was being extra touchy and you didn't know if you liked it or not. It just felt like kissing a wall.

Was that mean?

He was hot and all, extremely sweet and genuine. But he wasn't at all what you expected. You had seen him as someone you could never have and now that he's yours, it's not all that great. You felt like that was normal, maybe you just weren't the biggest romantic.

Enough was enough. Jungkook had felt anger bubbling in him throughout the whole lunch period. The way Taehyung would kiss your lips and then smirk towards him as if taunting him, it was enough.

At some point, the two of you were too lost in your own love story that you ignored him and Yuqi completely.

He had to do something. He couldn't take it anymore. He couldn't just sit there feeling pity for himself as you seemed to be so in love with another man. He had to get over you somehow.

"Yuqi," He said pretty loudly. Yuqi looked up at him with her pretty brown eyes.

"Yes?"

You and Taehyung snapped out of whatever the hell you were doing. Truthfully, you had just gone along with the crazy amount of affection because it seemed to make him happy. You felt nothing throughout it except a need for it to stop. It was an odd feeling to want someone to stop kissing you. You felt ungrateful for not appreciating Kim Taehyung as much as you should've. He was amazing. But, for some stupid reason, you felt indifferent towards his romantic gestures. Maybe you just weren't feeling it that day.

However, you were completely devastated by what happened next. You had no reason to be upset. No reason at all. You had a boyfriend and Jungkook was allowed to do whatever he wanted. You should've been ecstatic for your best friend, you should've cheered for him. But, instead, you felt your heart get ripped out of your chest.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Jungkook asked Yuqi as he smiled brightly at her. His eyes glistened with what looked like happiness. Her face expression changed immediately. It was child-like; similar to how a child looks upon walking into a candy shop.

"Are you serious?" She laughed in bliss, "Of course I'll be your girlfriend!"

You watched as this girl wrapped her arms around your best friend. You watched as a tear rolled down his cheek. He was so happy.

Your grip on Taehyung's hand tightened as your jaw dropped.

You let out a deep breath and blinked a few times.

"AWWW!" You screamed happily.

"I'm so proud of you, Jungkook!" You congratulated him using his actual name. It stung a little, but he smiled through it.

He would not let himself fall harder in love with you because you would never feel the same way.