Chapter Eighteen: What Now?

You finally realized why everything with Taehyung felt wrong and gross. It made sense why you didn't enjoy his physical touch.

It was all because your heart was tied to Jungkook, and Jungkook only.

Your lips and his attacked each other passionately.

These were the fireworks you were expecting from Taehyung. Everything felt right with your best friend, things were falling into place. You felt amazing and nothing could bring you down from the high you were at.

This was a kiss that you had never experienced before, it was nearly aggressive but you liked it.

You pulled back to catch your breath. You looked up at Jungkook slowly to find him staring at you seriously.

The two of you looked at each other for a long time while your chests heaved.

As if on cue, the both of you started laughing.

Jungkook pulled you into his chest and hugged you tighter than ever.

"I'm in love with you too, y/n. Always have been, always will be."

This was a moment straight out of a movie or a novel, but it was your reality. Jungkook had confessed his love to you.

The two of you enjoyed those moments in each other's arms, it was all too good to be true. You shook your head quickly and pinched your arm. You yelped as you didn't wake up.

"This is real huh?" You asked to yourself in shock, "I actually said everything I said."

Jungkook laughed and brought your recently pinched arm to his lips. He kissed your pained area and you smiled.

Another long moment passed by where the two of you simply admired each other.

"What now?" You asked after a while.

"I don't know, y/n. What would you like to happen now?"

You began to smile again, but then you realized.

"YUQI!" You squealed and put a hand over your mouth.

"No no no no no! Jungkook this is so bad! Jungkook!!!!!!" You panicked and frantically waved your hands in the air.

"Oh fuck-" Jungkook said as he realized he forgot about his girlfriend.

Little did she know she was having the time of her life with her best friend.

Life was kinda wack.

"Don't worry about it, baby."

Your heart stopped, you literally felt it stop and skip a beat. He called you baby.

"Say sike right now-" You laughed involuntarily, this was the wrong moment to laugh but you did.

It wasn't any type of laugh. You were going hysterical. Maybe because it was super late at night or maybe because you were nervous.

"Why are you laughing?" Jungkook asked as he felt his cheeks warm up.

"You- You-" you laughed even harder.

Jungkook thought your laugh was the most contagious thing in the world. He couldn't help but laugh along with you, not even knowing what was funny.

"I was caught off track, that's all," You chuckled a few more times before officially calming down.

Things became serious again.

"Yuqi and I both know we aren't meant for each other. It's clear to the both of us. We just can't seem to hold a conversation," He said quite blankly.

"But you seemed so happy with her-"

"No. I really wasn't. She's a great friend, trust me! Yet, she couldn't ever make me as happy as you do. Every moment I shared with her, I wished it was spent with you instead. I desperately wanted to get over you," He chuckled sadly.

"You were with Taehyung and I truly thought I had no chance whatsoever of being with you. I was willing to risk my happiness so that you could have both me and Taehyung by your side. I would do anything for you, y/n..."

"You're my everything," He finished and his eyes watered with sincerity. You didn't know what to say. You were lost for words. 

"Jungkook, I just... I don't want to ruin what we have because of a dumb teenage crush," You looked at the ground.

"Y/n? Are you fucking serious? After everything I just told you, you think... You think it's a dumb teenage crush?" He scoffed.

He was truly offended, did you not believe anything he just said?

"They're not dumb... I- I don't know, Kookie. I'm just scared. If something goes wrong, I'll lose you and that's not what I want. I love you, I do but it's just-"

Jungkook cut you off by kissing you again.

"You're thinking too much about it. I would never do anything to hurt us. I'm not the kind of man that begs, but please. I have a chance to be the happiest I could ever be, I have the chance to have the woman that I love in my arms forever and ever. Don't take that opportunity from me... Please, y/n."

A fearful tear escaped your eye and Jungkook wiped it away with his thumb. He caressed your cheek lovingly and pulled your chin towards him.

"I trust you," You said before pressing your lips to his once more.