Chapter Seven: A Date

You remained angry with Jungkook for the rest of the day and the next. You couldn't pretend it didn't hurt you to see Jungkook and that girl hanging out together all day at school. You hated seeing him laugh because of her.

I bet she isn't even funny.

You snapped out of your thoughts and went about your day. You had been hanging out with Taehyung. For some odd reason, you didn't feel so awkward around him anymore. He was easy to talk to.

You did admit, there were moments in which there was some romantic tension between the two of you. But you weren't about to admit that your crush, who you have loved for five years, will actually return feelings.

Countless times, Taehyung had made attempts to hold your hand. However, you never noticed. He would feel frustrated with himself for not being confident enough to do it. You made his mind go blank and his heart go crazy.

But today, he would finally bring something up that he wanted to talk about.

"Y/n?" He asked as the two of you sat at lunch. You began eating your bag of Doritos. You hated Doritos. But for some reason, they felt warming to you ever since you fought with Jungkook. You chewed a chip quickly.

"Yes?" You answered as soon as you swallowed.

"Remember how a while ago, I asked you on a date?" Your eyes widened and you knew where this was going.

"You don't wanna go anymore?" You frowned and Taehyung quickly accelerated.

"No no! I was just gonna say that, I found somewhere perfect for it."

You calmed down and felt a wave of relief wash over you.

"Where?"

"I can't tell you that yet. You'll have to see," he said and as the bell rang, he winked quickly and waved goodbye.

You were left sitting there clutching tight onto your bag of Doritos and smiling.

The warm feeling in your chest built up again. You were excited for this date.

Jungkook sat with Yuqi, she was ranting about an anime they both liked. He enjoyed having someone to talk to about anime. You never watched anime and didn't make an attempt to. You watched k-dramas religiously and Jungkook only watched some.

Yuqi was a nice friend to have around.

But she wasn't you.

Jungkook listened to her go on and on. He enjoyed it at first but now it was dragging on a bit. She suddenly stopped.

"You seem distracted. I thought you liked this anime too?" She asked as she looked him in the eyes.

"Oh- No no I was listening," he answered quickly.

"Are you still upset about your friend?"

"Honestly, yeah."

Jungkook hadn't stopped thinking about you ever since you walked away from him two days ago. His heart ached when you moved to the back of the classroom instead of sitting with him. He yearned to talk to you again.

"How about we go somewhere to distract you from her? Like, a date!" She asked with excitement in her eyes.

Jungkook was caught off guard, he wasn't exactly listening to her. He was thinking about you still. His eyes widened when she mentioned a date.

"A- A date?"

"Yeah! It'll be fun, no?"

"I mean- Yeah! Totally," he faked his excitement because he was still upset and lost in his thoughts.

He hadn't exactly thought about liking Yuqi romantically. But he guesses he could if he tried.

The day went on as it usually did. Except that... Jungkook did something weird. Instead of going to the vending machine and buying his Doritos, he had the sudden craving for cheese itz. He didn't like them at all. But for some reason, he wanted them today. They filled an empty hole in his heart.

He really really missed you.

The dates were scheduled for Friday afternoon, the two of you still hadn't talked.

You were getting ready in your room for what Taehyung said was a casual date. You searched through your closet for a long time before pulling out a casual everyday dress. You did a twirl in the mirror and swore you saw Jungkook sitting behind you. You turned around quickly to see nobody there.

You really really missed Jungkook.

Jungkook was getting ready for a cool arcade date with Yuqi. He loved arcades, but he loved playing them with you. You were so competitive and fun to watch. Sometimes, he'd let you win just because he enjoyed seeing your smile of victory. Sometimes, you actually won and you enjoyed seeing his face of defeat. Seeing your pouty face when you lost a game, his heart would go crazy.

He was still thinking about you by the time that he picked up Yuqi.

You got in Taehyung's car and looked at him.

"Gosh you look really good!" You eyed the boy next to you. A blush crept up to his cheeks.

"You're beautiful," he whispered so quietly that you barely heard him. Your heart beat quickly because of him.

Taehyung's car pulled up at your favorite arcade. You began to have flashbacks to all the times you had gone there with Jungkook.

You didn't realize you were zoned out until Taehyung was already holding the car door open for you. You smiled and thanked him.

From the corner of your eye, you saw a car that looked awfully exact to Jungkook's.

You ignored the ache in your heart and grabbed onto Taehyung's hand as you hurried him over to your favorite games.