Chapter Nineteen: You and Me

"Are you ready, baby?" Jungkook took your hand into his as you stared straight ahead. You were beyond scared to see how Yuqi would react. He had promised you that she would've seen it coming and that the breakup would be mutual.

When Jungkook noticed you didn't answer, he brought your hand to his lips and kissed it gently.

"It's just you and me now. I am going to risk everything I've got for you," He whispered as he calmed you down. Your cheeks warmed up happily and you nodded slightly. He smiled at you and got out of his car, you got out with him.

He attempted to intertwine his fingers with yours but you refused.

"Technically, you're still with Yuqi... I already feel bad enough... Just... End it with her first," You mumbled and Jungkook understood. It would look bad.

You and him found Yuqi by the water fountain, drinking water. She looked up to see Jungkook and her eyes widened.

The guilt rained down on Jungkook immediately. He cheated on her. He felt disgusting.

Yuqi felt horrible as soon as she saw him. Her heart sank to her stomach and she knew what she did was messed up.

The two of them walked up to each other, speechless.

"We have to talk," They said at the same time.

"I have to-" They spoke synchronized once again. Yuqi held out her hand.

"Jungkook, I'm so sorry. I did something completely unforgivable. You've been nothing but good to me and I still just-"

He wasn't really paying attention to what she was saying, he didn't want to feel worse than how he already felt.

"We need to break up," They announced.

They looked at each other for a full few seconds.

"Wait, what?" Jungkook asked.

"Why are YOU breaking up with me?" Yuqi questioned as she looked up at him.

"I- Well. You know how I mentioned y/n and I argued at the party we met at..."

Yuqi gasped.

"You like her dont you?!" Yuqi asked with the biggest smile ever.

"Wha- You seem excited about that," Jungkook chuckled as he looked at his girlfriend.

"You didn't let me explain," Yuqi took Jungkook's hands into his.

"I'm in love with my best friend," she said as she looked up at him.

This line didn't hurt the boy, he was genuinely just shocked.

"Wait- Who?"

"Park Jimin. You know him?"

"Yeah! Are you two a thing?"

"We're working on it, I just wanted to end everything with you first before..."

"Don't worry about it! I- I honestly came to do the same thing," the bunny boy scratched the back of his head nervously.

"You finally realized it?"

"Realized what?" Jungkook questioned.

"That you love, y/n. Gosh, Kook. It was so obvious all along, you're a big thick skulled," She ruffled his fluffy hair.

He laughed and let out a deep breath.

"Thank you for everything, Yuqi. You were truly an amazing girlfriend and I hope Jimin treats you way better than I did," Jungkook said with a smile as he looked down at the beautiful girl.

"Jimin is amazing, you can trust him. Thank you for everything, Jungkook. I learned a lot from you," She replied and wrapped her arms around him one last time.

"Let's keep in contact?" He asked and she nodded her head.

A boy shorter than Jungkook came up behind Yuqi and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Hey Jimin!" Jungkook looked at the older boy.

"What's up, Jeon?" He responded.

"I'm going to head back to y/n, I'll see you later guys!" Jungkook waved at the pair and walked back to you.

He felt a whole wave of relief crash over him. Everything felt right now, he felt no guilt.

You looked at him nervously and his serious face changed into a happy one immediately.

He ran up to you and picked you up. He spun you around and kissed your cheek.

"Ahh!! Put me down!" You squealed as your best friend held you in the air.

He put you down and wrapped his arms around you as tight as he could.

"Things are over now, we can finally be together."

You smiled brightly and held onto him tighter. You would never let go of him, he was your world.