27. A Delicious Meal

Their journey had been much too smooth for Seonghwa's liking. He had not been harassed by their clones, even his own just keeping it at chaste kisses and whispered promises that made Seonghwa tremble all over. It did not feel peaceful however. Rather Seonghwa constantly suspected some sort of attack and when none came, leaving him paranoid and confused, he started entertaining the thought that they had a plan.

They would not be this comfortable and easy-going with the crew after two mere months. They probably had some sinister thoughts lurking in the darkness of their minds and Seonghwa was not ready to explore them.

On the evening before they arrived the island that marked their meeting point Seonghwa got visited by his clone, slinking into the captain's cabin where he had been staying all this time. The other Seonghwa was not wearing his normal uniform, instead donning some other black outfit. Over his arm he was carrying the black fabric with it's many chains, the hat and mask however. Seonghwa eyed him suspiciously while he stepped in, giving a lazy smirk.

"How do you feel? You ready to meet your little lover again?"

Seonghwa scooted over to accomodate the other man with him on the bed, watching him lay down the outfit neatly.

"You are bold to assume I will go through with this. I will not betray Hongjoong like this."

His perfect dublication looked at him with something akin to pity in his eyes , gently catching Seonghwa's chin with his fingers to make him look at him. A heavy sigh escaped his lips before he pressed them to Seonghwa's curtly, their kiss suspiciously soft.

"It's not you that's betraying him. He will betray you. This is a pirate we talk about and I know his other half. Hongjoong will not hesitate to kill you if you are in his way."

He was doing it again. Planting doubts, watching them grow with a victorious grin. Seonghwa sometimes tried to understand where this version of him was coming from, what part of him exactly it personified but he always came up short.

"Stop it. Him killing be because he thinks it's you is not the same as betrayal. Also, what makes you so sure he plans something?"

"Because we are planning, dear. And we are part of you." With some more force he pressed Seonghwa down on the bed, settling above his lax form like a cat. Seonghwa imagined the other man was Hongjoong when he was kissed again.

"This is your only option if you want to see him. Who knows, maybe you'll outsmart all of us? I know how desperate I would be to save my precious. It's just the same with you. I'm really excited of what you'll think of."

So they did plan on wiping out the crew. And if he was right, Hongjoong had the same plans. What were they supposed to do? As far as Seonghwa was concerned they did not even know the full reason of those shadow's existence yet. Was it safe for both groups to try and kill each other?

"And also..." Seonghwa's attention snapped back to his clone, his eyes narrowing at the cunning grin on the other's lips.

"Our dear Captains will share more than just drinks and booty together tomorrow. You would hate it if I was going to be the one joining them, right?" Seonghwa shivered as his own dark voice hit his ears, a warning hand settling on his hip to keep him from bucking the other off.

"Make this turn out in your favour. As there can only be one Seonghwa for now be glad that I let you have this chance. We gotta work together as allies, you know?"

Seonghwa could not help but feel like this was another trap, the posion dripping from the other's words too strong. But yes, he would keep this clone of his as far from Hongjoong as he could.