Chapter 16

Seven came all too soon, again. Miranda stumbled out of bed after shutting off her alarm and headed to the shower. She checked her wounded arm and saw that is was healing okay, which she was grateful for. She rebandaged it, then called down for room service for all of them. She didn't really want to go out that morning, and if they were going to discuss things, then she didn't want to be overheard.

A knock sounded on her door just as she hung up with room service.

She looked through the peephole and opened the door.

They walked into her room, and Tyler handed her back the diamond earrings. "All set?" she asked.

He nodded. "Yep, good to go."

"You know Tyler, I wouldn't mind having a little earpiece so I could hear you guys, that way I would know what is going on, and if I need your help, I can let you know. I know you were probably going to bust the door down last night when Tyrone threatened me, and I had no way of knowing if you were going to do so. It would be nice to communicate with you."

Tyler nodded, a frown on his face. "We were this close to busting in," he said, holding up two fingers held together.

"I had it under control."

"You were almost killed."

"I know, but if you had barged in, you both would have been killed. He had ten men with guns on me."

Chad cussed. "Dammit Detective, that is so not cool."

"I know, but he thought it was funny that I would threaten him."

"Weren't you a bit worried about dying last night?" Tyler asked, a frown on his face.

"I was, believe me, I really was."

"Let me run next door to get an earpiece," Tyler said, and standing, he headed to the door. He opened it to see Cole getting ready to knock.

He frowned at Tyler, who only nodded and headed next door.

Cole walked in and saw Chad sitting next to Miranda, a hand on her knee, and a frown on his face. He wanted to pummel him, but then he had to remember they were her cousins, right?

Miranda smiled at Cole.

"Hey."

"Hey yourself," he said.

He sat on the other side of her, just as Tyler walked back in, the room service guy following him. He looked nervous, but who would blame him. There were three really large men in the room.

"Ma'am," he squeaked, rolling a cart into the room.

Tyler was smirking, knowing he was intimidating the man.

Miranda stood and smiled. "Sorry about these three, they are my cousins and friend," she replied, nodding at the men.

"Yes ma'am," he said, swallowing, as he eyed Tyler up and down, who at the moment had his arms folded over his chest, his muscles bulging, and a smirk on his face.

"Let me pay you for that," Miranda said, grabbing her purse.

"I got it," Chad grinned, and handed over some cash to the man.

"Thanks," he squeaked, grabbing the cash and putting it in his pocket. "Just leave the cart outside the door when you are done with it," and with that, he ran out the door.

Tyler busted out laughing as he closed the door. Even Cole had a grin on his face.

"Bullies," Miranda said, but she was smiling. She walked to the cart and pulled off lids. "Hope you boys don't mind, but I ordered our breakfast."