Chapter 38

In the helicopter, Tyrone dialed a number. "Get my place ready, I have the detective, and set up a meeting with the Chinese, I have their chip. Tell them I want one billion for it."

He then hung up and looked at Miranda who was seated next to him. "So detective, I finally have you. You know you were quite slippery. I didn't think you would actually be gutsy enough to come and look for me, especially since I was going to come after you for what you did. You are quite intelligent, and cunning," he grinned at her, "It is too bad that I have to kill you."

"My death will bring every cop in the United States after you, plus the FBI, and more than likely the President of the United States," she warned.

"They won't be able to find me," he smirked, "and they won't find your body, if they do they won't even be able to recognize you, because you are going to suffer dearly from the things you have destroyed of mine, including me," he said, patting his stomach.

"I should have finished you off," she growled angrily.

"Yes, why didn't you?" he asked, amused.

"I suppose I was feeling sentimental, after all, we were engaged for a short time," she smirked.
He laughed, "You are a fool detective, and now you shall pay for that foolishness. By the time I am through with you, you will be begging me to die," he told her. "And to think that a few weeks ago I thought you loved me."

"Only for your money," she smirked.

He laughed at her again. "You know detective, we could change plans. We could fly to Mexico instead and get married, then I wouldn't have to kill you, and you could be a billionaires' wife," he suggested.

"Yeah right, a cop marrying a drug dealer, what a nice thought," she said sarcastically.

"It would be perfect," he told her, "No one would ever mess with me, knowing who I was married too."

"Or they would be after you even more," she informed him. "Do you seriously think you could get away with it?" she scoffed.

"Hey don't talk to him like that," the guard sitting on her other side told her, then brought his gun down to the side of her head, rendering her unconscious. She slumped down in her seat, blood caking on the side of her head.

"You fool," Tyrone said and shot the man. But because of where the man was sitting, the bullet went through him and hit the helicopter's panel.

"We're going down!" the pilot yelled, as an alarm filled the cabin. The ground came up fast, and Tyrone grabbed Miranda and braced them both for impact.

The helicopter landed hard and instantly caught fire. The pilot was unconscious. Tyrone didn't care, he only thought of himself, so grabbing Miranda, he pulled her out of the helicopter and dragged her away, just as the chopper exploded.

Tyrone then flung the unconscious Miranda over his shoulder, and pulled out his cell phone, dialing a number. He couldn't have planned this getaway any better. The cops would find the wreckage and think they were all dead. They would stop their search, it was perfect. He let the phone ring on the other end a few times until someone answered.

"Come and get me, I am two hours away, find my location, I'll leave my phone on so you can find us, but hurry, the detective is in bad shape." He then hung up but left the phone on so he could be traced. He then moved Miranda, so she was draped over his shoulder more comfortably. She groaned but didn't awaken.

Minutes later he heard helicopters and hid in the trees, so he wouldn't be noticed. The cops had probably seen the smoke from the wreckage. He hurried to the road but stayed off of it, and minutes later he spotted one of his cars headed his way. The man stopped and Tyrone opened the back door, laid Miranda down on the back seat, sat by her, and the driver pulled back out to the road.

"Get us out of here now, before the cops show up."

The man nodded at his boss, and turning back around, he headed back the way he had come.

"You got here fast," Tyrone told the oriental man who was driving.

"I was following your flight," the man said, "in case something like this happened."

"Good, now take me to your old bosses place," Tyrone told him.

The man nodded and did as he was told. Cop cars passed them on their way, but no one paid attention to their car. Tyrone breathed a sigh of relief. He would be safe now. They traveled for hours, and Miranda never moved.

Back in San Francisco, Chief Stratton slammed the phone down. He looked at Tyler, Chad, and Cole.

"They found two bodies in the wreck, one was the pilot, the other is burned beyond recognition. They don't know if it was Miranda or Tyrone. There is blood leading away from the wreckage. Someone is alive. They will test the blood and get back with us, and find dental records for the bodies," he sighed. Then he frowned, "And if I find out who let that car go by," he growled.

"What car?" Tyler asked.

"The cops passed a dark car on their way to the wreckage. It was the only car on the road, the windows were tinted, I am thinking it was Tyrone if that wasn't his body," he said, pounding his desk. "If I find out that was Tyrone in that car, those cops aren't going to be able to walk for a week," he said angrily, "and they are losing their jobs."

"Is the car being looked for now?" Tyler asked.

"Yes, but it is probably long gone by now. And the only description was a Cadillac with tinted windows, there are thousands of those in California."

He then looked at the three men. "We have got to find her, I don't think she is dead, I won't even imagine it until we get something back." He rubbed his forehead in frustration. Then he grinned wryly. "Her partner found out that she had been taken by Tyrone, so he went out and kicked some criminal ass, he is in trouble now, for actually kicking criminal's asses."

The three men grinned. "Sounds like Joe," Cole said and knew how the man felt.

"Chief Johnson went back home. He is going to keep things going there in Georgetown, and will let us know if Tyrone shows up there," Stratton informed the men.

The men nodded, they had to find her, no matter how long it took. Cole knew she was alive, she had to be.