Chapter 37

Miranda scaled the wall with her bag, then waited for her moment then jumped down and ran to a bush, right next to the house's electrical box. She wired it with explosives, then headed around the house discreetly placing explosives all over. The guards wandered the ground, but none of them were really paying attention, all of them acting bored with their jobs, which made it easier for her.

She then snuck to the garage where she planted bombs under the limo. She hid the remote in her gun holster and then decided to cause a distraction to get inside.

She hid the duffle bag behind a bush and pulled out some grenades that Ferrel had tucked in there. There were several men standing by the gates, watching as cops suddenly pulled up outside. Great, Tyler hadn't been able to hold them off. She would have to hurry. She pulled the pin on a grenade and threw it. It landed by their feet. They glanced at it, then it exploded. Several men went flying. "Six down, thirty to go," she smiled, and she threw another grenade at the men who were headed towards the gate to investigate the explosion. She caught them by surprise and sent several more flying. She was suddenly spotted, and bullets flew over her head. She made a run for it and running around the house she scaled up the rose trellis, where she was grabbed and yanked down. One slugged her in the stomach. She gasped in pain, but she stood her ground. "Move it," they told her, and pointing their guns at her they followed her inside the house.

Tyrone met them in the hallway. "So, miss decoy, trying to play hero are you?"

"Well, someone needed to rescue the detective," she sneered.

"So, you are using your real voice now are you?" he laughed. "You sound nothing like her. It must be difficult trying to act like someone you aren't. Especially a world-famous cop."

"Well, I fooled you didn't I," she smirked.

"Search her," Tyrone growled.

The man went to search her, and she kicked out, hitting his knee. He collapsed, and the other man shot his gun. She saw it coming and ducked, so the bullet hit the man she had just kicked.

He collapsed to the ground, dead.

"Fool, I don't want her dead yet," Tyrone growled, and yanked Miranda's gun out of her holster, and then shot the other man. "Clean up this mess," he told two other men, and then he grabbed Miranda by the hand and yanked her up the stairs. He dragged her into the room where the decoy was at. He shoved her onto the bed. The decoy was sitting in a chair, tied and gagged with duct tape. She looked at Miranda desperately. Tyrone glared down at Miranda, then spotting the necklace, he ripped it off of her. "This had better be the real one," he growled.

He opened the back and examined the chip. "This is the real one, good job decoy, I am proud of you. If it had not been I would have killed you."

"You will do that anyway," she said in the decoy's voice.

"That is true, but this will prolong it for a few minutes."

He then leaned down over her. "Tell me decoy, is my property surrounded in cops?"

"How would I know? I escaped so I could come and save the detective."

"Very clever of you, but that does not matter now, as long as we stay in here, and my guards are out there to protect us. We'll be fine until I get rid of both of you."

He then walked over to Carla and ripped the duct tape off of her mouth, unfortunately, it ripped the bottom of her mask off.

While distracted for the moment, Miranda pushed the detonator. A great explosion rocked the house.

Tyrone whipped around, "What the hell just happened?

Miranda shrugged.

"Go check it out," he told a guard. He nodded and ran off, while Tyrone finished peeling Carla's mask off. A blonde girl showed underneath. Tyrone swore. He then looked over at Miranda.