Chapter 28

When we pulled up to the island, I parked the boat in our little dock, and tied it up with some help from the boys. I handed the boys their things so they could stay on the dock to help Perrie, Dani, and me off the boat.

“Welcome to Paradise.” I said, gesturing to the island we stood on.

“It sure does look like it!” Dani exclaimed. She looked so excited that I thought she might pee in her pants…

“No, I mean, that’s actually what this island’s name is. When we bought it, Delila named it Paradise.” I explained.

“Oh, well, where’s the house?!” Zayn cried out.

“Around the corner.” I said, pointing to my right.

        We all practically ran to the house, and everyone but me stopped short when they came across it.

“Why am I the only one still running?” I asked, feeling embarrassed.

“It’s… So big… And made pretty…” Perrie said, staring at the house in awe.

“Oh, yeah. My mom wanted it built out of that concrete stucco stuff so it can stand up to hurricanes. A lot of them come through this area.” I explained.

“But it has so many windows…” Dani said dreamily.

“Yeah, their double paned or something like that. This house can stand up to anything.” I said, laughing and pulling everyone into the house.

        When we stepped inside, I could hear various gasps behind me. The inside of the house is way different than the outside. From the outside it looks rather plain, but the inside is all beachy and gorgeous. Harry took my hand and our fingers tangled together as everyone set their stuff down by the door.

        You walk into the kitchen, just like our main house back in Georgia. Across from it is the living room, which has one wall that’s entirely glass so you can see the ocean. One of the panels is actually a door, so you can just walk right out onto the beach. One of the bedrooms is on the bottom floor, but no one took it because it has two beds. I showed them where all the bathrooms are, and then I took them upstairs.

        At the top of the stairs is another guest bedroom that has an ocean view and a big princess-type bed. Liam and Dani decided they’d take that one. I think they really just wanted to be alone as soon as possible. The next bedroom, no one paid attention to, because Zayn and Perrie went running down the hall to the room with the most color and slammed the door. I was secretly glad that they chose that one, because that meant that Harry and I get the best room in the house.

“So I guess this is ours.” I said, opening the door and pulling Hazza in with me.

“Oh my God…” he said, trailing off and closing the door behind him.

        Our room has a huge blue bed that’s the color of the ocean, a flat screen in one corner, a huge bathroom with two closets, and a gorgeous view. I pulled Harry over to the one wall in our room that was entirely glass, like in the living room, and opened the sliding door. As we walked onto our private balcony, I heard Haz’s breath catch in his throat.

“It’s beautiful, isn’t it?” I whispered.

“Yes, but it’s still nothing compared to you.” He whispered back, pulling me into a hug, tightening his arms around my waist.

        It was almost like we were back at Biltmore. We had this same conversation there, on our balcony. Harry seemed to remember too, because he was smiling. I love his dimples. Sometimes they even show up while he’s talking. I stood on my tip toes and kissed him once, and untangled myself from him, going to get our stuff from downstairs.

“Oh no you don’t!” Hazza yelled, pulling me back to him.

“What? I have to go get our stuff.” I complained.

“You can’t just do that to me! Kiss me like that and then walk away. You have no idea what it does to me…” He said, eyeing me up and down.

“And just what does it do to you?” I asked, smirking.

“It makes me want more.” Harry said, barley finishing his sentence before his lips were on mine again.

        So let’s see: in the last three days, I’ve kissed Harry styles in front of Biltmore, I’ve kissed him in the rain, and now I’m kissing him in front of the ocean. How does this happen? I can’t even think that I was with Lou, it seems so long ago; but it’s really only been five days since he left with El. If there’s one thing I’ve learned from these five boys in the last month that I’ve known them, it’s that they can seriously turn your life up-side-down. But I wouldn’t have it any other way.