Chapter 38

Buckingham Palace is huge. I mean, I thought Biltmore was big… This place could fit like two Biltmores inside of it. Everything is so beautiful, and big… Lots of big stuff. We spent the entire day at the Palace, touring the inside and the outside. I took a gazillion pictures. Of course the boys got the Palace shut down for the day, so we were the only ones in there. There sure were a lot of screaming girls outside though…

        About half way through the tour, a security guard came up to us and asked us if we wanted to meet a really big fan of the boys. They agreed of course, because they love their fans. We were led through a set of beautiful floor to ceiling double doors, and inside the room were Prince William and Dutchess Kate, and Prince Harry.

        My heart literally stopped beating in my chest. I come to England to stay for two weeks with my boyfriend and best friends, just wanting to have fun and see the country, and now I’m standing five feet away from the Royals. Is this a dream? Someone should pinch me.

“How do you do?” Prince William asked, extending a hand, and shaking all of ours in turn.

        I’ll never wash this hand again… A FUCKING PRINCE JUST SHOOK MY HAND. Stop hyperventilating Hadley.

“Wonderful, and yourself?” Liam asked as we all kind of bowed awkwardly, none of us really knowing what to do around them… Ya’know… Because they’re freaking royalty.

        I looked down and saw that I was dressed in one of my favorite summer dresses, a white strapless one that’s just above knee length. It’s kind of fancy; you’re supposed to wear it to nice parties, so I figured it would be nice to wear to the Palace. I had curled my long hair, and I was wearing my flower sandals. I decided I looked acceptable enough to be seen by royalty.

“We’re all lovely, thank you for asking. Kate just couldn’t resist meeting you all once she found out you were here for today.” Prince William said. He’s so proper…

“Yes, it’s true; I’m a huge fan of you guys. I was wondering if we could take some pictures with you?” Kate asked.

“Of course!” Liam exclaimed.

        I stood back and watched as my boys all got their pictures taken with the two princes and the dutchess. I took a few myself, sending them all to the boys so they’d have some for themselves.

“And who is this lovely young lady that you have yet to introduce us to?” Prince Harry spoke up for the first time, holding out his arm, gesturing for me to take it.

        How could I say no to the prince?

“It’s nice to meet you all, I’m Hadley James.” I said, trying to sound confident as I took Prince Harry’s arm.

“Oh, are you from America?” Kate asked, intrigued.

“Yes. I live on the east coast, kind of down south, just above Florida.” I answered.

“And how do you know the boys?” Prince William asked.

        Holy shit; I just realized they’re all talking to me…

“It’s kind of a long story about how we met, but I’m Harry’s girlfriend.” I said, as my Harry walked over to where Price Harry and I were standing.

“Oh how lovely! Can we take pictures with you as well?” Kate asked.

“Um, of course!” I said, going to stand with Price William and Kate. Prince Harry had let go of my arm, but he came and stood next to me in the pictures.