Chapter 29

When Harry and I were done having our little snog-fest, we finally went downstairs to grab our things. It was pretty late, and everyone else was still in their rooms, so we decided we’d take their stuff up for them and leave it outside their doors. As I lay down with Harry in our bed, I laughed internally because we were the only ones not shagging tonight.

        He pulled me close to him and kissed my head once, and then we both fell asleep rather quickly, because the sound of the ocean rolling in and out was so peaceful.

        I woke up early the next morning because for the second time in the last two weeks, someone was jumping on my bed. I rubbed my eyes and looked up to find Danielle hopping around like a rabbit.

“Why the hell are you waking us up so early?” Harry groaned from under a pillow.

        God, his morning voice is about the sexiest thing on the planet.

“Because Hadley is the only one who knows her way around this island, and we want to go swimming!” Dani whined.

“Okay, give us ten minutes and we’ll be down.” I mumbled.

        Harry and I got ready, and he put on swimming trunks, and his ‘Hipsta Please’ shirt. I almost fainted. Now is not the time to be fangirling over your boyfriend’s most famous shirt. I really want to touch it though…

        I put on my black and white Victoria’s Secret bikini, and some really short shorts, and started to head out the door, when Haz pulled me back in the room.

“What?” I whined.

“I can’t have my best mates checking you out in no shirt.” He laughed.

“They won’t care! They have girlfriends too.” I complained.

        He tossed me one of his plain white shirts instead of answering me. I would protest and ask to at least wear my own shirt, but this one smelled like him, so I just went with it.

        We walked downstairs, hand in hand, and found that everyone else was already eating breakfast. Harry and I scarffed down some cereal really fast, and then everyone turned to me.

“So, where to?” Liam asked.

“Well, we’re obviously surrounded on all sides by water, so you guys can pretty much swim anywhere you want. The island’s not really that big, beyond the house is just like beachy woodsy path things.” I stated.

“Beachy woodsy path things?” Harry repeated with a chuckle.

“Yeah! They all go from one side of the island to the other. You can’t get lost, but if you’re really worried that you will, just swim somewhere where you can see the house.” I said, shrugging my shoulders.

“Okay, sounds relaxing enough. Let’s get this party started!” Zayn yelled.

        We all went out onto the beach and Perrie and I laid out towels, because we were both pretty pale. Liam and Dani ran right out into the water and disappeared into their own little world. Dani has it made. She has that perfect glowing skin that she never has to tan. It’s not fair. Perrie and I talked a little bit, but then we put on our sunglasses and focused on our tanning.

        In the back of my mind I wondered where Harry and Zayn were. I figured they were just off having guy time or whatever they call it. Perrie and I got probably only fifteen minutes of tanning in before we were disturbed. I was tanning happily when suddenly the ground disappeared from under me. My eyes flew open and I found that Harry had picked me up and was carrying me towards the water, and Zayn was doing the same with Perrie.

“Styles, you have two seconds to put me down, and no one gets hurt.” I threatened.

“Oh, I’m so scared.” He said, laughing.

        As he carried me into waist deep water, I was contemplating my escape. He’s carrying me bride style, so I’m already kind of in a half way back tuck. My dancing side of me took over my brain. I slowly removed my hands from around his neck and placed them on his shoulder. With all of my strength, which isn’t a lot, I pushed up and off from his shoulder, tucked my legs, and flipped once, landing in the water next to him. As soon as my feet hit the wet sand in the water, I splashed Harry in the face, stunning him further. I swam away as fast as I could, laughing because he was totally taken by surprise.

“Come catch me, Styles!” I laughed, already back to knee deep water.

“Oh, you are so going to regret that!” he said, laughing, and swimming closer to where I was.

                I ran onto shore, but Harry wasn’t just fast at running. He’s also a great swimmer. I decided to wait for him to give him a little bit of a head start. Yeah, wrong idea. As soon as he was on the sandy shore again, he came after me. I screamed and ran in the opposite direction as fast as I could, but Harry’s still faster. I felt a pair of wet arms wrap around my waist, and I fell down, pulling Harry with me.

“Gotcha.” He whispered in my ear.

“Yeah you do.” I said, laughing until I cried.

        Here I am, lying in the sand with Harry Styles. Since we’re wet, the sand sticks to us. I groaned internally as I thought of how hard it’s going to be to get it out of my hair. I rolled over onto my stomach so I could see him better.

“I love you.” I said, kissing one of his dimples when it showed up after he smiled at my comment.

“I love you too.” He said, pulling me down to meet his lips.