Two

"You two wouldn't mind washing the dishes, would you?" Jin's mother asked. "No." Jin said. "I don't mind." Namjoon said. "Thank you, your father and I will be in our bedroom if you need anything." She said and the two nodded.

Namjoon began washing them, Jin agreeing to drying them and putting them away. "Are you excited for this school year?" Namjoon asked. "Nah, not really, it's only Junior year." Jin said. "This year really determines where we go to college though." Namjoon said.

"Eh, school is a breeze for me." Jin said. "Easy for you to say, you're smart." Namjoon said. He handed a plate to Jin. "Well maybe if you stop skipping, pay attention in class and do your homework, would do good and go to the college you want."  Jin said as he reached for the cabinet but couldn't reach.

He went to grab a stool. "You have a point, I guess I need to stop skipping." Namjoon laughed quietly. Jin stood on the stool, reaching for the shelf the plates were on.

"I mean, hopefully I make more friends this year since you consider me as, lonely." Jin laughed, gasping when he suddenly lost his balance and began falling backwards.

It almost felt like slow motion. Namjoon's eyes widened his quick reflexes kicked in, reaching his arms out to break Jin's fall. Jin landed on his feet, his eyes widened with fear.

"Oh my gosh, are you okay? Are you hurt at all? Jin?" Namjoon looked into his eyes worried. All Jin could mentally focus on was the fact that Namjoon's hands were grasping his waist tightly and Jin's hands were gripping his shoulders.

Jin let out a shaky breath, his heart racing as he looked into Namjoon's eyes. "Are you okay?" Namjoon asked softly, his thumbs gently rubbing Jin's sides. "I'm fine, sorry." Jin began blushing as he let go. Namjoon smiled to himself. Cute. He thought.

Namjoon let go of Jin. "I'll dry them. I don't want you hurting yourself." Namjoon said. "No, I can do it, I'm fine." Jin said. "What did I just say? I'll do it Jin." Namjoon said.

Jin sighed and left the kitchen to go upstarts today his room. He had to call Jimin and tell him about everything.

///////////

"You live in a mansion now?!" Jimin was amazed. "Yeah, this house is huge. I already got lost trying to find my room." Jin said "Is your step-brother nice? Is he hot? Is he single?" Jimin asked.

"Jimin, he has a girlfriend. Plus, I thought you liked Yoongi?" Jin asked. "I mean, I do but, he was being petty all summer. Kept hanging out with some guy named Hoseok." Jimin said. "Oh, sorry to hear that." Jin said.

"It's fine, I'll just ghost him." Jimin said. "You're evil. I swear, Yoongi has a huge crush on you." Jin said. "I don't think so." Jimin sighed. "Alright, when he asks you to homecoming, don't say I didn't tell you." Jin laughed.

He heard his door open, Namjoon standing there. "Can I hang out with you?" He mouthed. "Jimin, I gotta go, I'll see you tomorrow." Jin said. "Okay! Byeee!" Jimin squeaked before he hung up.

Jin sat up in his bed and waved Namjoon over. Namjoon closed the door and walked over to Jin's bed, sitting beside him. "You know, this used to be my old bedroom when I was in elementary school." Namjoon said.

"Wow, really?" Jin asked. "Yeah." Namjoon said. "Hey Jin?" Namjoon said. "Yeah?" Jin mumbled. "Um, if you don't mind me asking, what was your dad like? I mean, before things got bad." Namjoon asked.

Jin looked away, tensing a little at the question. "Um..." Was all Jin could mumbled. "Sorry, I ask dumb questions too much forget about it-" "No it's fine." Jin said as he looked at his lap.

"My dad was really nice when I was in elementary school. He'd take me and my mom on cool vacations and and buy me a lot of things. He was the perfect dad. I don't k-know what happened after that." Jin said.

"It started with him and my. I'm getting into small arguments. Then he started drinking a lot which led to him beating my mom one night. I tried to stop him, but, he beat me too." Jin wanted to cry. He hated his father turned out that way.

"My mom couldn't stand him anymore so she divorced him some years ago and he ended up leaving the country. I don't even know where. He left so unexpectedly." Jin said.

"I'm sorry you went though that." Namjoon said. "It's whatever." Jin murmured, his voice cracking as a few tears left his eyes. "Hey, hey don't cry." Namjoon said.

"I'm not." Jin quickly wiped the tears and sniffled quietly. "I'm just happy that my mom is happy now and that I have someone who'll be there for her and me." He said.

"I'm here for you too." Namjoon said. Jin looked up into his eyes and smiled faintly. Namjoon wrapped his arms around Jin and hugged him tightly, Jin allowing himself to cry quietly.

He wrapped his arms around Namjoon's neck, a sense of warmth flooding his chest. He was so thankful Namjoon didn't hate him and cared about him instead.

"Don't cry. I'm here for you. You don't have to worry about anything." Namjoon whispered in his ear. "T-Thanks." Jin whispered back.

They pulled away from each other, Namjoon wiping Jin's tears away. "You're so nice, I didn't think you were going to be nice to me." Jin laughed through his tears.

Namjoon smiled to himself. "How could I hate you?" He said. Jin shrugged and looked out the window, the moon and stars shining.

"We should go to bed, we have school in the morning." Jin said. "Ughhh, I don't wanna go back." Namjoon's complained. He was enjoying his summer so much.

"Oh well." Jin chuckled. "I'll see you in the morning then." Namjoon stood up. He made it to Jin's door before turning around. "If you need anything, or just wanna talk, you can always talk to me, Jin." He said. "I know, thanks." Jin blushed.

Namjoon smiled before leaving. He thought Jin was adorable.