Six

The next week was emotionally stressing for the two. Jin has spoken to Namjoon once beside telling the older to leave him alone or stop bothering him anytime Namjoon tried to reason with him.

The friend group noticed, many asking why Jin was mad at Namjoon and all Namjoon could say was that they got into an argument. Jin was just being stubborn but was taking it too far at this point.

He needed Namjoon and they both knew it, but Jin didn't want to lose the fight. Namjoon's birthday was tomorrow as well as his party. It was Thursday and the two had just gotten ready for school, eating breakfast in opposite sides of the counter.

"You two have been distant lately, did you two get in a fight?" Jin's mother asked and Jin nodded before getting up and grabbing his backpack. Jimin had arrived to pick him up.

He got into the passenger seat, sighing heavily as he ran his fingers through his hair. "Jin, this has got to stop. Namjoon hasn't laughed or smiled with his friends in a week and they're all worried about him." Jimin said.

"The can worry about him all they want. It's his fault I don't trust him." Jin said. "Jin, I'm not gonna lie but you're being a complete bitch about this!" Jimin said as he drove.

"You don't have to remind me, geez." Jin said.

They arrived at the school and got out of Jimin's car. Jin spotted Namjoon and Aeri talking, a concerned look on Aeri's face. Jin looked away and continued walking.

"Come on, his birthday is tomorrow, he's gonna be crushed if he can't spend is entire special night with you." Jimin said. "What makes you think he wasn't to spend it with me, he had Aeri." Jin said.

"Are you dumb? He loves you, Jin. He really does." Jimin said. "I don't think he loves me, be he definitely just really likes me." Jin said. "Same thing.

Around lunchtime is when Jin noticed Namjoon took Aeri by the hand and let her out the lunch room. Of course Jin had to be nosy and follow to see where they were going or what they were talking about.

Jin stopped at a corner, hearing the two talking in the other side. "What did you want to talk about?" Jin heard Aeri's angelic voice. "Aeri, we've been together for a while but, I think it's time to end things between us." Namjoon said, Jin's heart racing.

He did it. He'd finally broken up with Aeri which could only mean one thing. "Why?" She asked. "Why are you breaking up with me?" She sounded unsurprised but with a hint of sadness.

"I fell in love with someone else." Namjoon said and Jin's heart burst. Well not literally but Jin couldn't believe what he was hearing. Namjoon meant him. Namjoon had fallen in love with Jin.

Jin didn't need to listen to the rest, rushing back to the lunchroom to sit down. His phone buzzed and he looked at the message.

Namjoon: Meet me at the park after school, it's really important Jin, please.
Jin: okay.

Lunch ended, Jin telling Jimin about everything that happened during lunch. "He's gonna ask you to be his boyfriend, I mean come on, he's expecting you to say yes because his birthday is tomorrow." Jimin reminded.

"Are you gonna?" Jimin asked. "What?" Jin said. "Say yes, duh." Jimin said. Jin blushed a little, a small smile appearing in his face. "Yes." Jin said. "I think I made a mistake ignoring him for this long." Jin said. "You're just now realizing that?" Jimin asked. "I need you to drop me off at the park ." Jin said. "Of course." Jimin said

After school, Jimin drive Jin to the park. It was a beautiful day outside. The sun was shining. It was nice and warm with a light breeze as well. "Go collect your man!" Jimin giggled.

Jin laughed and got out the car, walking along the path to try and find Namjoon. He saw him standing near the fountain and began walking over there. Namjoon turned around and saw Jin approaching, his heart beginning to speed up.

Jin stood before him, Namjoon letting out a shaky breath. "Jin, please listen to me." Namjoon said. "Okay." Jin said and nodded. "You will?" Namjoon asked and Jin nodded again, reached his hand out to holding Namjoon's.

Namjoon smiled faintly, interlacing their fingers together. Jin gave his hand a tiny squeeze and looked into his eyes. "Jin, I really care about you. When I first met you, I couldn't believe you were gonna be my step brother. Didn't think you'd be more than that but I fell for you within the first hours of meeting you. You're so sweet and really, really pretty. Like, I never thought someone like you could exist. I'm sorry if I made you feel like I was using you. I wasn't using you in the way you thought, Jin. I was trying to give you hints that I really wanted you to be mine. That I had real feelings for you and wanted us to be together." Namjoon said.

Jin sniffled, trying time stop the tears that kept falling. "I'm sorry for ignoring you. That was so fucking dumb of me." Jin breathed out. He felt so bad. Namjoon nodded and swung his arms around Jin's waist, hugging the boy with all his might, allowing the boy to cry in his shoulder.

After a bit, Jin calmed own and looked up into Namjoon's eyes. "Jin?" Namjoon asked softly. "Y-Yeah?" Jin murmured. "Will you be my boyfriend?" He asked. Jin giggled softly, his cheeks turning rosy pink.

He nodded his head, Namjoon's charming smile finally reappearing. "Yes." Jin nodded and Namjoon kissed him. A long, passionate kiss that both of them had been longing for. They were finally together and the feelings were mutual. They both wanted each other and left Namjoon knew everything would be okay. Jin was finally his.

...
😭