Twenty-Two

Midterms was coming up pretty soon now. Jin was very stressed about that because everything in his life seemed like it was going wrong, when really the only problem was that he was pregnant.

He wasn't sure how he was supposed to hide it once his tummy started growing. He'd have to leave school for a while. Then he'd have to come up with some lie about why he was gone.

It was all so horrible but Jin was snapped out of his thoughts when Namjoon entered his bedroom, two mugs in his hand.

"Here you go." Namjoon handed it to him. It was hot chocolate, with little marshmallows in it. "Thanks." Jin mumbled and took a sip.

"What's on your mind? You seemed deep in thought when I came in." Namjoon said. "I dunno." Jin mumbled. "Talk to me." Namjoon said, placing a hand on Jin's thigh.

"It's just..." Jin started, looking at Namjoon. "I could've prevented this from happening." Jin said. "Babe, it's okay. I know things seem bad right now, but it's going to be okay." Namjoon said.

Jin set his mug down on his nightstand and sighed heavily, closing his eyes to delay tears from escaping. "Baby?" Namjoon said. Jin moves closer to Namjoon in the bed and hugged him, Namjoon hugging him back.

"I just f-feel really bad because I'm ruining your life too." Jin said. "This isn't ruining my life, Jin." Namjoon said. "It's not necessarily affecting me. I'm just happy you chose not to get rid of it. That probably would've messed me up a little bit." Namjoon said.

"Things will be alright, I promise." Namjoon said, Jin continuing to cry. Namjoon pulled him into his lap, Jin feeling a sense of comfort from him. He couldn't get rid of the idea that Namjoon secretly hated him for this. It just wouldn't go away, no matter how hard he tried to think on the positives.

There was a knock on the bedroom door. "Jin?" They heard his mother. She opened the door peeked inside. "Oh, sorry." She said quietly and Namjoon nodded. "Is he okay?" She mouth and Namjoon gave a face that meant 'not really'.

She nodded and closed the door to leave the two alone. Jin sniffled and lifted his head. "Aww, baby you have to stop crying so much." Namjoon cupped his cheeks and wiped the tears away.

"I c-can't help it." Jin said shakily. "I love you, you know that. I promise everything will be alright." Namjoon said and Jin hummed quietly, Namjoon placing a kiss on his cheek.

...
The next day at school, Aeri was on a mission find out Jin's secret. It's kept her up all night and she just wanted to know. She was stopping at nothing to ruin Jin's life.

Aeri saw Jimin at his locker, the boy looking sad as usual. She walked up to him and smiled the fakest smile she could put on. "Omg, are you okay? You've seemed down lately? Are you alright?" She asked nicely.

Jin looked at her with confusion, which turned into disgust. "Why are you talking to me?" He asked. "I just wanted to see if you're okay. You haven't seemed yourself lately." She said.

"Why would you care? You hate me." Jin said. "Well, I um...ummm..." She struggles to come up with a lie. "A lot of kids have been taking their own lives lately and you could be at risk." She said. "Aeri, I'm fine, just leave me alone, okay?" Jin said.

"Whatever. I was trying to be nice for once." She scoffed and walked away. Jin thought that was really weird. Since when was she trying to be nice? He thought.

Aeri snooped around for a little bit, watching as Namjoon walked up to Jin and the two hugged each other for what seemed forever. Aeri wanted Namjoon back soon badly, she wasn't going to stop manipulating the two until she had him.

"You know I have a doctors appointment after school?" Jin reminded Namjoon. "I'll be there with you." Namjoon said. "You will?" Jin asked and Namjoon nodded. "Aww, thanks." Jin smiled faintly. "Of course, baby." Namjoon kissed his forehead.

Aeri gagged and walked off, actually wondering what his doctors appointment was for. Yes, she was too slow to put two and two together.

At lunch that day, Jin would catch Aeri staring at him, then she's smile and wave before looking away. "Aeri's been acting weird all day." Jin whispered to Namjoon. "How come, what has she done?" Namjoon asked.

"She keeps trying to be nice to me and stuff. It's really weird." Jin said. Namjoon frowned a little. "She might be scheming something again." Namjoon said. "Don't scare me." Jin said. "Sorry." Namjoon murmured.

After lunch, Jin was at his locker, Namjoon beside him. "You feeling okay?" Namjoon asked, wrapping his arms around Jin from behind and giving him a warm back hug. "Yeah, just anxious as usual." Jin said.

"Don't feel that way, I don't want you get stressed out, okay?" Namjoon said and Jin hummed. He turned around to face Namjoon, Namjoon smiling softly. "I love you so much." He said, pressing a small kiss on his lips.

"You do?" Jin mumbled. "Of course I do." Namjoon said and hugged him. Jin hugged him back, smiling to himself softly. "I love you too." Jin whispered.

After school that day, Jin's mother took him to the doctors office for his appointment. Namjoon came too, Jin feeling awkward because he still wasn't used to their parents knowing.

"Jin have you thought about what you wanted to do?" His mother asked. "Um, yeah." Jin said, realizing he still had to talk to Namjoon about it. "You never told me what you wanted to do." Namjoon said. "Can we talk about it when we get home?" Jin asked.

"Sure." Namjoon said. When they arrived at the doctors office, Jin and his mother checked in while Namjoon sat in the waiting room.

Jin came and sat beside him, Namjoon holding his hand. Jin was quiet for a while, Namjoon keeping small talk to pass the time. Soon enough, Jin was called back into a room and his doctor entered.

He went through a normal checkup before he got to get an unreasoning. The experience felt a little overwhelming. Knowing there was a child growing inside of you was a lot to take in.

Jin looked at the screen where his doctor was pointing out where it was. "Looks like a bean." Namjoon mumbled and Jin giggled softly. Namjoon smiled at that. He hadn't really seen Jin smile in a while.

After, Jin revived pictures from the ultrasound and they left the doctors office. The ride home was peaceful, Jin and Namjoon sitting beside each other. Jin rested his head on Namjoon's shoulder and sighed. "What?" Namjoon asked. "Nothing." Jin said.

When they got home, they two went to Namjoon's room and cuddled in his bed. "Are you gonna tell me what you want to do now?" Namjoon asked.

"I don't want to keep it." Jin said. Namjoon hummed. Jin looked up at him. "But I don't want to abort it either." Jin said and Namjoon nodded. "Anything but that." Namjoon said. "So, adoption?" Namjoon asked.

"I guess that's only choice but I'm worried about who they'll end up with." Jin said. "What did you want to do?" Jin asked. Namjoon shrugged, wrapping his arms around Jin tighter.

"Joon, you didn't want to keep it, did you?" Jin asked. "I dunno, baby." Namjoon spoke quietly. "I'm sorry, Namjoon." Jin said. "It's okay, I'm fine with your decision." Namjoon said.

"You sure?" Jin asked and Namjoon nodded. "I'm sure they'll be in good hands." Namjoon said and Jin hummed. The two hoped so.