act twelve \ a journey back to the past

"The Thirtieth Century?"

All looking at the two girls in front of them with wide eyes, Sailor Celeste, Sailor Moon, Sailor Venus, Tuxedo Mask and Shadow Mask all froze as they heard the soft voice from Miko. 

"Yes. We crossed time from the future Neo-Tōkyō to get here. Back home, t-there was an explosion in the city, and then everything blacked out. I don't remember much except for my mama . ."

Feeling tears well up in her eyes, the white-clad girl tightened her grip on the ombre-haired Senshi's hand as Chibiusa held onto her other hand. Stepping forward from behind Sailor Venus, Artemis cleared his throat before speaking. 

"Miko-chan, do you think that the Black Moon Clan are possibly behind the attack on Neo-Tōkyō? Because that could possibly be where the missing Sailor Senshi are."

Looking up the sound of her name, the said girl pursed her lips before shaking her head, "I don't know. Everything happened so fast, I couldn't see what was happening."

"Um, if you can, could you take us to the Thirtieth Century?"

Both perking their heads up at the mention of going back home, the two young girls froze before shaking their heads violently, the bright-pink haired female stepped forward with a clenched fist. 

"We don't want to go back there. It's horrible. There's no life."

Sensing her body grow weaker, Miko's figure slowly fell into Sailor Celeste's arms, just as the teenager was about to stand up. 

"Oh, okay. I think it's time for you two girls to get to bed." Understanding what was happening now, Shadow Mask took a protesting Chibiusa into his arms, the young girl shaking her head as she patted her stomach. 

"No! I don't want to sleep! I'm perfectly awake--"

Waving her hand over the girls faces, the ombre-haired Senshi cast a sleeping spell over them, watching the girls quickly fall asleep. 

"I guess I'll see you all tomorrow then!" Flashing a warm smile to her friends as they all parted ways, Minako walked home with Artemis in her arms. 

"I knew that everyone in the world has their own look-alike, but now seeing you and Miko together, I'm really surprised at how you two look so similar. It's almost like destiny came around."

Cupping a sleeping Miko's cheek as they entered the Chiba apartment, the couple and child made their way to the empty spare room, the bed already made. 

"I guess they're taking Chibiusa to your house." Opening a drawer with one hand, Yumiko took out a large shirt and swapped the cerulean-eyed girl's dress with Daisuke's top. 

In the room around them, the Moon shone brightly through the window, illuminating every feature on Yumiko and Miko's face. Staring at the two females with a loving gaze as he stood at the doorway, Mamoru felt his breath hitch as his next words tumbled out of his mouth unconsciously. 

"I promise with my whole life to protect the both of you and the one to come."

"Huh?"

Pressing a kiss on Miko's forehead, that was something she didn't think of, Yumiko looked up at Mamoru's nearing figure with gleaming eyes as it felt like time was repeating itself again. 

Standing across one another as the light from their planet shone on them as they stood on the North Balcony, Serenity and Endymion held their breaths while cape and dress flowed behind them.

"I promise with my whole life to protect you, my love."

Sensing a string pull them together, the star-crossed lovers stepped closer to one another as the connection from them deepened, Mamoru wrapped his arms around his girlfriend's waist as he leaned his head closer to her.