Chapter six

" she's going to be fine... in fact, I actually think she's going to wake up in any second, just stay by her side Lloyd, she would need a friendly face to wake up to right now. After what you've told me, I think this is the best way" Wu quietly nods as he had finished checking 47's condition. So far, she was alright, just some scratches here and there.
" alright master... " Lloyd agreed. But this time, Zane and Nya had decided to stay as well, both of them being able to help if 47's condition would suddenly turn critical.
" call for me when she wakes up... I think she has a lot of information that we need" Zane and Nya simply agrees as they watch Wu leave the room quietly.
" you alright Lloyd?" Nya suddenly appears behind Lloyd as he had been sitting in the corner quietly for quite some time.
" yeah! I'm alright..." he then looks down at her hand where her bracelet was glowing.
" it's an incoming call from Kai, but just as she was about to answer, the call ended.
" he hung up. He probably found the chicken nuggets that I asked him to get me. Last time he had tried to get me something, he got himself lost in the store and I had to pick him up" Nya chuckles as she turns her attention back to 47 who had quietly moved in her sleep.
" I think she's waking up!" Zane suddenly spoke as he quickly walked over to her bed.
Lloyd and Nya quickly turned their attention to 47 and hurried over to her bed, both being very worried for her.
Slowly her eyes opened.
Unlike last time, she was now calm and quietly trying to take in the surroundings, making sense of where she was.
At first, the light in the room was almost blinding her, and to her defense, she hadn't seen daylight in ages.
" l...Lloyd?" She quietly whispers as she weakly tries to reach out for him. Lloyd was unsure of what to do, but gently took her hand, smiling down at her. She looked tired. Very tired. Almost exhausted to be honest.
" I'm here, I'm here don't worry." He told her, watching her eyes turn from him towards the others.
" Zane! ... Nya! It's good to see you again." She smiled shyly as she now tries to sit up in her bed.
" careful, you've been out for at least two days... take it easy " Zane tried to calm her, but she shook her head and sat up in the position she wanted.
" I... I honestly don't know where to begin.. I believe you guys have a lot of questions.." 47 mumbled as she shyly looked over at Lloyd.
The three of them exchanged looks before Nya took the lead. " do you know who attacked you..? And .. why were you gone for so long? We knew you needed time to calm down after everything you had gone through... but we expected you to be back in at least half a year..." with all gentleness, Nya took her hand into hers, telling her that they didn't blame her for anything. But 47's face twisted.
" half a year...? I've only been gone for like...5 months? Maybe four." She told them, and the whole room went quiet.
" you have been gone for two years..." Lloyd suddenly spoke, not understanding what was going on. 47 turned to look at him and was totally confused.
" no, I've been gone for under a half year, it can't have been... two years..." she was almost not able to speak the last words as tears filled her eyes. She knew they were telling her the truth, but how could this be? She could swear she hadn't been gone for that long.
" hey... calm down. Perhaps you should tell us what happened after the night you left us." Nya spoke with a soft tone.
47 quietly dries her tears away and nods.
" I guess.... I returned to my home village, just like I told Lloyd I would do. But I found nothing. There was nothing left for me to find. But then I met this old lady... a survivor from the burned down village. She told me everything... about what happened, and about the people who once had lived there... she knew my father..." it took a while until spoke again. " he was a good man." Those last words were hard for her to spell as feelings were overwhelming her. She truly had hoped to find something, or someone. This someone perhaps being her father.
" anyway... I do have one relative left... according to the old lady... my uncle left the village years before I was born and started his own village higher up into the mountains. I was considering going there... until I stumbled upon something troubling."
The door to the room flew opened and Wu enters. " oh! She's awake! I thought I told you guys to come and get me if she woke up." Wu enters the room, holding a cup of tea in his hands. Jey followed behind him, smiling over at the boys. " did anyone tell Kai to buy some popcorn? I was thinking of having a movie night." Jey then realized 47 being awake.
" oh! You're awake! I was so freaked out when I found you! Thought you were dead to be honest.." he walks over to her and gives 47 a warm hug. He couldn't forget about what she had done for him, two years ago back in the league. He had Lloyd had been held captive, and if it weren't for 47, he might have been dead.
" I'm alive and well" she smiled up at him.
Wu quietly takes a seat next to her, placing his tea cup down onto a table next to him.
" I have some questions for you if that's alright" he spoke softly.
" actually sensei, she was about to tell us" Nya interrupts him.
" it's alright, I guess his questions may help me explain the situation better, and maybe he will help me remember things as well" she admitted.
" alright then... sensei,.. she's all yours" Nya spoke.
" if you have questions as well, just ask them" Wu told the others before he turned his attention back to the girl in the bed.
" (your/name) do you know who attacked you in Sticks?"
The girl thought for a moment before she nodded. " I'm not quite sure what their goal is, but this group calls themselves the x squadron... they're a small group of assassins working in the shadows. And honestly, even the league were not aware of their presence in their time. The X squadron worked for themselves, behind everyone's back. And they were very careful. Every detail is important to them and they leave no trace behind. They weren't many, but many enough to have control over everything that happens around them. And to be honest, I'm not totally sure if they are assassins. But some of them are and.... Morro is working with them..."
Wu's eyes went wide. Lloyd almost lost his breath. He was alive... how was that possible.
" he... he survived the rocks. I don't know how that was possible, I and Damon saw everything. I saw him get crushed my the rocks... but he survived... and it was the X squadron that saved him... and took him in." She counted.
Wu quietly nods. " was he the one who attacked you?" Wu asked. She quietly nods.
" they... they caught me... I don't remember everything, but I remember wanting to find my uncle, when I suddenly stumbled upon Morro in a small sea village. I guess he was surprised to see me, but things changed quickly and I don't remember much after that.. I think we fought and I somehow faded. The next thing I know is me waking up in a dark cell" she mumbled, looking down at her hands shamefully. She was ashamed to admit it, she had been to weak to face Morro, and had lost to him.
" it's alright... you're safe now.. do you know for how long you stayed there..?"
Wu asks her and she quietly lifts her head.
" must have been longer than I thought... I just found out that I've been gone for two years... I must have been knocked out for long periods. I mostly remember waking up to X agents doing some testing on me... stuff like blood samples and health insurance I guess.. but it took time until I met Morro again. I don't think he likes it there pretty much, not being allowed to boss around like he used to. They're nothing like the league... in some ways... I would say they're worse.. but not as dark as the league was. They're... cold and strict... they tolerate no failure." She told them.
" did they do anything to you? Do you know why they held you captive there?" Wu asked, watching her closely.
" they... they wanted me to join them... or more correctly Morro wanted me to join them... but I refused... and they didn't seem to need me that desperately... they accepted my rejection and locked me up... I think. I don't remember much." Nya handed her a cup of water.
" and outside Sticks? What lead you there...?" Nya asked, helping her taking a sip.
" I... I don't remember... I .. I got out... I think. I managed to escape...  I overheard the leader discus something... And I heard him mention my uncles village! The boy! Lloyd! You have to get Brine out of the village! They're after him! They're going to kidnap him! You must warn him! They're ... they're going to turn him into a weapon! And Kai! Where is Kai!?"