Chapter 16

"No way I'm staying behind!"
47 angrily groans as she secretly grabbed some few weapons, like small knives and shurikens. If she was to look for Lloyd, she had to be armed! Last time didn't go so well when she had tried to run away from the X squadron base, she was actually very lucky to get away!
" and this!" She mumbled to herself as she grabbed onto a small box. It was the only thing she had left from her father... quickly, she added it to the bag and finally reached out to the door to sneak out. She felt bad for leaving them behind like this, but she had to get out and find Lloyd and the gang! She was the only one who truly knew the enemy after spending so much time with them.
The door made a weird squeaky sound when she opened it, but there didn't seem to be anyone around to notice. Quietly, she stepped out of her room and headed towards the exit, turning her head every now and then to make sure no one would see her.
She had written a note and left it on her head for the others to find when they woke up, telling them that she had left to find the others. But she somehow knew this wouldn't make them happy. After everything they had done for her, she just left without telling them... but she had to find Lloyd.
Without giving away any noice, she finally reached the door and very carefully grabbed the door handle when there suddenly were someone behind her.
" and where are you going? If I may ask?" Garmadon stood behind her. She recognized his voice right away and felt guilt rush through her.
" I'm... heading out..." she confessed and turned around to face him. Garmadon watched her closely, unsure of how to take this.
" where to..? Why leave without telling me?" He questioned her.
47 slowly looked to the ground ashamed.
" to find Lloyd... the X squadron are out there... and they haven't reported back on finding Kai... I believe they have captured him..." she told him, and Garmadon listened. Yes, it was true that the gang hadn't reported back to them, and that was disturbing, but then again, Armen had told them that they had showed up last night and ran off with the bounty.
" why wouldn't you tell me? I'm not going to prevent you from leaving, but I would be glad to have known where you went, and made sure I could contact you or you me, if something would happen.." this made 47 feel even worse. He was right... Garmadon, Misaco and Wu weren't like the league, they wanted to help us, do anything they could to help us reach our goals... unlike the league who just used them for their own purpose... she should have put some trust in Garmadon... he had accepted to train her after all...
" you still have a little bit to recover after your injuries... I have promised to train you, why don't we start now, prepare you to head out when you're better?" A warm smile crossed his face as he told her this, and 47 was surprised to hear this. Was he being serious!? Was he going to help her train and get better so she could head out after the boys!?
" when does the training start..?" She shyly asked.
" why not right now?"

" I can't find it... i don't think the sensors can pic up the signal all the way up here" Skylor complained as she gently shook the tracer to make it work again.
" it's somewhere around here ... but where, I don't know" she spoke as she started to walk over to some large stones, brushing off the snow to look for any kind of symbols on them.
" I don't think they're supposed to be found this easily." Brine replied, not really caring if they would find the tomb of earth or not. For what he cared, it could be in a total different location. The X Squadron had already found the tomb and f lightning and ice, wasn't that enough for them? Even through it had been the league who had discovered them first, they had picked up their work and continued the search. According to Skylor, the dark lord had been searching for these tombs for more than 100 years, witch meant they were super old. But why would his previous master look for them..? What were their purpose..?
" do you see anything that may help us?" Skylor called out to Brine who wasn't doing much but just brush off snow from the rocks around them.
" nothing really." Brine replies.
Skylor then takes a deep breath and turns around the face him. She had been wondering about something for quite some time and thought this would be a good moment to ask.
" so... how is the outside world really like..."
Brine suddenly stops brushing off snow from rocks when he realizes she was being serious. He turned his head to study her to check if she wasn't messing with him, witch she didn't.
" why you ask...?" Brine replies suspiciously. He didn't know why, but he never truly trusted anyone, he just... couldn't bring himself to...
" I've never really experienced it.."
Skylor mumbled as she feels a bit ashamed. Yes, she had been outside before, but that has only been missions... she had to follow the rules and always watch her back... but she had never truly been outside, juts for fun. Fun wasn't a word in the dictionary of the X squadron..
" I don't think I'm the right person to ask... I've grown up with the league and stayed hidden after leaving them.. but I can say it's free. You're allowed to do what you want really...as long as you have money I guess." Brine replies, not knowing how to answer her questions. Had he ever truly experienced freedom..? Well yeah... perhaps a little bit, but that didn't last long...
" it's just that..." skylor begins, but stops as she doesn't know how to putt it.
" you want to be out there, don't you? Free from this organization..." Brine continues, and skylor quietly nods. She hadn't dared to tell anyone,but for some reason, she knew Brine wouldn't tell anyone. She knew he just wanted to get out of their business and back to his little village up in the mountain. But as long as that bracelet was on... he couldn't...
" I'm sorry you're here..." she finally tells him. She wasn't sure why, but she didn't like the fact that he and Kai were being held captive... the X squadron didn't use to be like this...
" you don't agree with your clan.. you actually want out, don't you" skylor quickly looks up at him in surprise. Yes... he was speaking the truth, but she couldn't accept this... she wasn't really allowed to.
" I don't know... I just... think there's to many rules to follow... we didn't use to be like this before... but lately... I feel like we're becoming more alike the league..." she mumbled and turned away to continue brushing off snow.
" alike the league..? Wait... are you telling me that you were in the league before coming here?" Brine usually didn't badger to care, but this was a surprise to him.
Skylor didn't reply at first, but she wasn't sure if there was any point in keeping it a secret anymore...
" my father used to work with the dark lord... when I was about to turn 7 years old, he gave me up to them... and left..." she took a deep breath before she continued.
" my mom had died and he couldn't bare to look at me anymore. So he gave me up.. but I didn't stay with the league for long... I was out on a mission with my team once, and the X squadron showed up, giving us the chance to live a better life with them.. and we accepted... and it was a better life. Me and Seliel were both former league agents, and the X squadron truly were a better place to grown up, but when the old leader died, and his son took over... things started to change a little"
Silence surrounded them, the wind was the only source of sound at the moment and skylor couldn't bare it.
" why did you leave the league?" She finally asked, hoping he would tell. Brine hesitates for a moment. Why should he tell her? He didn't really leave the league... Piper had dragged him along and he had only agreed to go with her because he couldn't let her leave alone... if it had been up to him to decide... he wouldn't have left. He was alright where he was, he was respected and feared, he had the highest rank, he had no reason to leave.. and he didn't know anything about the outside world... but they had killed Piper..  therefore he hated the league.. they had taken the only person in his life that he cared for... if the green ninja hadn't defeated the dark lord, then he would have done it himself.
" I had my reasons" Brine replies and now turns away to brush off the snow to the closest stone to him. He wasn't going to tell her, this was his past, and he didn't want to tell anyone about it.
He reached the stone and gently brushes off the snow, when he sees it.
" Skylor... perhaps you should see this."