Chapter 34

White glowing light shoots up from underneath the cracks in the ground. The sight was horrific as slowly, but surely, purple curse marks starts climbing up Brines skin, sealing his body to the darkness that was on its way into him.
This was worse than she had thought...
They had all been trying to fight the dark lord from returning... but what was happening now was his return, but also the creation of a new dark lord. Brine wouldn't be himself anymore... his mind would be corrupted by evil, and his heart would feel nothing but coldness...
Yes... this was worse, and there was no way of stopping it...
" Brine!!!" 47 calls out in a last attempt to stop this, knowing very well that the battle was lost. The guards surrounding then kept forcing her down to the ground, making it impossible to escape... all they could do now was to watch the dark marks crawl their way across Brines body. It only took seconds to reach his heart...
" n..no..." 47 whispers as she watches it all end.

" it has been done, a new dark lord has been born" Ash peaks as he quietly kneels down before Brines body.
47 felt the guards loosen their grip on her . Lloyd noticed it as well and took that opportunity to punch the first guy in the face. To his surprise, they all let go of him. The guy who he had punched didn't even badger to look at him.. all their attention we're at him... at Brine...
Even tho this was the perfect time to escape, both 47 and Lloyd knew this wasn't the moment to run away... whatever was going on, they needed to witness this... because the new dark lord was slowly opening his eyes... but this time... Brines eyes weren't blue like they had used to be... no, his eyes were cold.. glowing white...
a gasp escapes 47 as she sees them...
" B...Brine please..." she quietly takes a step towards him. Lloyd wanted to step in and hold her back, but Brine had been someone she had wanted to protect... he remembered when 47 had tried to convince him into joining their team, to become a good guy... but then again... he had chosen the good path with Piper when they had left the league together..
47 took another step closer to him. No one moved, nor did they reach out for her... she was allowed to approach him now, and she did. She ran across the room and over to him, wanting to touch him... but she stopped right in front of him, staring into his white glowing cold eyes.
" d...do you remember who you are..?" She whispers.
Brine doesn't reply, he simply just moves his head a little bit to look at her. His expression remained calm.
" do you know where we are...? The story behind this place...?" She speaks again.
" do you remember that you grew up here, that you ran away from here and lived up in the mountains...?
She slowly reaches out her hand, wanting to touch his shoulder as he didn't reply to any of her questions.
Just as she did, with brutal force, he grabbed her hand, preventing her from touching him.
47 gasps in pain as she tries to pull her hand back, but she can't.
Brines eyes looks into hers and he quietly bends forward, so close that their lips almost touch. But then the worlds escapes his lips...
" I remember everything" he whispers and the next second, 47 finds herself being thrown across the room in such force that she's totally knocked out when she hits the wall.
" 47!" Lloyd cries out as he quickly gets to his feet and runs over to her limp body.
" leave them" Brines voice calls out as guards around the room turns around to attack Lloyd.
" it's no use in wasting your time on them, because very soon, their fellow teammates will be here, and that will only slow us down from taking over Ninjago city and this whole country."
Lloyd pulled 47's body into his arms, clinging onto her as tears filled his eyes. She was injured ... badly injured and needed help right away, but he also had to stop them... Stop Brine.
The dark lord was free, using Brine was his vessel, witch also meant the word was in great danger...
" I will let you choose kid" Lloyd suddenly heard Brines voice addressing him.
" she's dying, I will allow you to leave this place, taking her with you and save her life, or you stay, figth me and save the world.? I am weak at the moment, my dark powers hasn't fully returned. You can take me out now, but then she dies"
Lloyd's eyes widen at the offer he had been given..
save 47... or defeat the dark lord... how in the world was this even fair....
did he even have a choice...?
He looked down at the girl in his arms... he truly loved her... he had even once told her that he was willing to give up everything for her... but did he truly mean that...? Was he willing to give up the word for her...?
" hard choice isn't it..?" A grin crosses ashes face. He truly enjoyed this sight of them... all helpless.
Lloyd refuses to reply. He wasn't going to give ash the pleasure of victory... no he was going to keep himself together and do the right thing...
Because there wasn't going to be any time to waste now... because if she was going to survive, then he would have to run for his dare life.

A grin crosses Brines face as he watches Lloyd quickly do a leap towards the exit of the room, with the girl in his hands. He had chosen to save her. A poor decision in his opinion, but he didn't care. Some guards turned around and wanted to follow, but Brine held up his hand, giving them the order to not follow.

" let him."

He ran as fast as he possibly could...
but by every second he spent running, he ye more he knew what he had done...

—————-

" LLOYD!"
He heard his name being called out...
" LLOYD!"
But this voice didn't belong to her.... her body was so limp... so... lifeless...
He couldn't let this happen... she couldn't join Armen... not yet..
" LLOYD ANSWERS ME!"
Suddenly he felt strong arms grab hold of him. Garmadon had managed to reach for him as they had seen him run in the far distance.
He noticed the tears in Lloyd's eyes and the girl in his arms.
" oh no...." a whisper escapes Garmadon as he sees her...
" Nya! Quick! Come here!" Garmadon calls out and takes the body out of Lloyd's hands.
" Lloyd!" Kai runs across the street as he grabs hold of Lloyd, trying his best to help him remain standing.
" you guys!!! Jay, Cole, Zane and Seliel! Go together with master Wu into the league base and stop anything that tries to escape you!" Garmadon commands as he quickly lays 47's body down onto the ground, letting Nya take over when she reaches them.
" oh no!" Nya gasps at the sight of her. She quickly starts using her healing powers to heal all her wounds, but there was something about 47 that didn't seem right ... she didn't respond to the healing, neither did her wounds!
" she won't heal!!!" Nya gasps as she tries again.
But Garmadon had already noticed it... it was just like he had feared... this was done by a dark power.. it wasn't a normal injury was it...?
" please! Save her!" Lloyd called out, wanting to stand by 47's side, but Kai forcefully made him stay by him.
" Lloyd... what happened... what's going on!?"
Lloyd felt guilt run through him as he realized what was going to happen...
" i... i allowed the dark lord to return... I let it all happen! I ... I wasn't strong enough!"
Kai couldn't believe his words... the dark lord had returned....
" it... it's Brine... the dark lord took over his body or something... but ... he is the new dark lord." Kai slowly let go of Lloyd now.... was this... really true...? Had his friend truly turned... evil...?
Lloyd slowly backed away from kai... by the look of it, he seemed to be shocked at these news and suddenly blocked everyone and everything out...
It was over... they had lost this battle....
But then it hits him.
" we might have lost this battle... but not the war" Lloyd suddenly spoke and then he quickly reaches down into his pocket and pulls out an old gift that had been given to him!
The fruit that the leader from the mountain village had given him! He had told him that it could heal almost anything!
" Nya! Try this!" Lloyd handed her the small sized fruit and quickly runs up to 47.
" what is this..?" Nya replies, but doesn't hesitate.
" the very thing that is going to save her life!" Lloyd tells her and quietly watches nya use the fruit to mix it it with the healing water.
" open her mouth!" She commands, and Lloyd doesn't waste a second.
In a matter of few seconds, with Lloyd's help, Nya manages to force the drink down and now it was all up to the fruit to heal her...

——————-

Thank you guys for reading this book! I've been bad at updating this book lately, but thank you for still believing in me!
There's going to be one more chapter before this book ends. Yes, don't worry, there will be a third book.
But again.... I think it was some few days ago that I crossed the line of one year anniversary on my first Ninjago book! Mission green! And I can't believe the book has almost 50k! And it only keeps going up! Thank you all!
I started writing because I wanted to share my ideas of an alternative story plot of Ninjago and I didn't expect it to get a lot of love! My goal was to reach 2k or something but here we are! Close to 50k!
I love you all, truly and may God bless you! 😍😍🥰🥰