8: what have you done?

Today was a pathetic one for Tanya. She was stressed out more or so with all the requests of her when free time comes over, and she had turned down every single one of them.

Even Visha had been seeing how Tanya had been sighing and groaning in annoyance lately.

And here the two were once again alone, Visha was done prepping a few papers down in their last shelves when she heard another groan of annoyance coming from her superior mage.

"Is there something bothering you, captain?" Visha asked when she was able to have the guts.

"Not much of your concerns really, just sudden and abrupt requests of my time from strangers." Tanya brushed Visha off.

Yet Visha wasn't buying that.

"What do you mean, captain?" Visha asked as keenly as possible.

Tanya glanced over to Visha with her usual glare of disapproval which Visha has gotten accustomed to.

"Sorry, I'm being too brute on my questions." Visha apologized when that happened.

Tanya rolled her eyes when Visha turned around.

"But it's not that I don't want to bother you, I'm just a tad worried for you." Visha said before leaving.

Now there Tanya was struck. It must've been because of the feelings the proclaimed one had placed in her body or Tanya knew it would leave a bad reputation to Visha.

"No, wait..." Tanya said.

Visha halted ad turned over to look.

"Yes?" She asked.

"The apology is mine, I was being too sensitive." Tanya said.

Visha didn't know how to respond.

"I just keep on getting sudden requests of insensitive things such us 'and may I be able to ask you questions for a small thing?' and 'please let me interview you'..." Tanya explained.

"Interview?" Visha pondered out loud while closing the door and walking towards her captain.

"I don't know why but they're just some sudden and random people who have been trying ask such things for not a single consent of mine and 'document' it." Tanya stated more clearly.

"Just for two days the letters kept coming, and I can't just toss it knowing it might have some sort of valid or who knows what kind of things I might miss." She finished off as soon as she opened another letter to read.

"Do...need help..?" Visha asked.

Tanya huffed a smirk and rolled their eyes when Visha mentioned the only question she was hoping to hear.

Then out of nowhere, a person came in without the hesitation of getting banned from the building. It, of course, startled both the girls to turn around and look.

"Tanya!!" It was the mad scientist, Schugel.

"What on earth are you doing here..?" Tanya muttered as she tried to keep her sanity of seeing him out of the blue inside her office.

She might be small and frail-looking but she wasn't letting a mad man do experiments on her like some lab rat picked up from the streets.

"Why didn't you tell me you had a sister!??" Schugel yelled.

Tanya was in shock. She wanted to say something.

Soldiers had come after Schugel yelled, they were trying to pry him out of the building.

"W...where did you get that info--?!!" But when Tanya did try to speak by question her eyes only narrowed over to the only person she had spoken about it.

"Major Tanya! Please tell me you do have a sister?!!" Schugel yelled once more, this time soldiers were caught in a flustered state of mind.

Tanya, the reincarnation of the devil, having a sister seemed unbelievable.

"No... I don't." Tanya said with a straight face and a look of sheer anger of sort, to which it seemed more on the 'offended' side to the soldiers holding the doctor by his arms.

As soon as Schugel was dragged out the last soldier saluted and closed the door.

It was silence when the yelling of the doctor faded out.

"What have you done?" The only question slipped out of Tanya's mouth.

"I did nothing..." Visha muttered, it sounded truthful when she had the innocent look up and about.

"Then...that would only mean someone was listening to our conversation." Tanya theorized.

Leaving herself to only shrivel back to her seat.

"Captain?" Visha muttered with her concerned look visible to just look at.

Tanya didn't know what was happening but somehow she felt fear. Fear that something was wrong was going to happen.

Visha continued to stare, then something happened.

Tanya's mind was still racing, heart beating loud and fast, which didn't let her realize that she was in fact crying.

"Captain!" Visha stammered out as she tried to get Tanya's attention towards her.

Quickly Tanya snapped and saw that she was crying out of her control. She wiped them quickly without any hesitation and yanked the black bag.

"Excuse me!" She said as she left running out of the room with teary eyes.

"Wait! Captain?!" Visha called out as she ran out to try and follow Tanya.

Tanya kept on running, in her arms clutched tightly was the black bag, and even though Visha kept shouting her name, she didn't respond and continued to run for it.

She had to get there.

The same place she had felt peace and privacy.

She turned a hallway and down the flight of stairs. Passing by a few soldiers who had confused looks stared at Tanya then to Visha.

"Captain wait!!!" Visha shouted.

Tanya didn't listened and ran out the doors and hopped at the side of the stairs and ran near the bushes before running behind the building in which there stood nothing but a giant lonely tree.

She took her breather and began to slow her pace down when she got closer to the tree to rest. She was tired, and she didn't even know what got into her when she yanked the black bag.

Was it because of the physical body? It had a different set of things in it, yes, but she had somehow been cursed of something she couldn't figure out.