12: I just fought for it, ok?

"And again congratulations on finally getting your silver wings badge, Major Tanya Degurechaff!" The man clapped with the other silver wings who praised Tanya who was technically covered in bandages from the explosion and fall.

No bones were really broken but were instead replaced by immense spraining from the fall. How shocking.

As soon as the men left the orphan alone, a doctor took their place inside the room.

"Are you feeling better?" He asked.

Tanya raised a thumbs up. She can't really talk, her mouth is dry and she had, of course, injured her neck with her subtle heroism back then.

"Well," the doctor started with a quick chuckle.

Tanya glanced over to him with a slightly raised brow.

"You shouldn't worry too much, you'll actually be out after a month or so." The doctor broke the news like it was a slim wooden branch that fell from the tree from gravity.

Now that was the news Tanya wanted to hear, well, she already knew about that anyways.

"If you need anything the nurse will take care of it." The doctor said before bidding a farewell to leave.

Tanya took in the quiet moment of the room and stared out the window to see a leaf fall down a branch.

'what a surprising thing.' she thought before taking a quick glance over the silver badge on the pillow beside her as another thought came to view, 'How surprising indeed.'

Time skip...

"Welcome back, captain!" Visha said out loud with a quick salute.

Tanya nodded her off as she made her way to her office.

Visha trailed behind her and tried to maintain the calm atmosphere they had.

"What happened while I was gone?" Tanya asked.

"Nothing much, captain. Only Weiss tried to plan a strategy of attacking a hidden enemy spy base somewhere in the forest on the west side." Visha replied.

Tanya paused near walking inside her office and looked up with a confused yet curious look.

"A hidden enemy base near the west?" She asked again.

Visha nodded.

Tanya hummed as she walked inside her office only to be met with a man sitting opposite her desk.

The man was way too preoccupied in his book writing, which made Tanya stare before faking a loud cough to get his attention.

"Ah! Major!!" The man quickly stood up and bowed their head in surprise and respect.

Tanya raised a brow and asked who they were while making her way to her chair to sit down.

The man gulped and tried to avert eye contact while trying to gather the confidence he was in need of.

"Sir?" Tanya said.

The man looked back up once again and opened his mouth to try and speak his mind out.

"Do you have a scar on your right arm!?" Now the question surprised Tanya quite a lot.

"No, I don't." She lied.

The man begged for an honest answer in front of Tanya who still gave the same answer, "no, I don't.".

"Please sir, if the major is declining, it's time to leave." Visha soon stepped in when the man was already standing in front of the young girl who recoiled away when he leaned forward.

But the man insisted by yanking Tanya's right arm to pull the uniform sleeve away.

"Hey! Let go!!!" Tanya yelled as she held tight on her right sleeve.

"Please I just need to see!!!" The man shouted.

Visha yanked him away and dragged him out of the building, leaving Tanya to be herself still gripping on her right sleeve.

Tanya sighed, falling down on their own accusations of her and leaned back to get herself relaxed once again.

'This is all part of his own works!' she mentally scowled with a disgusted frown.

"Damnit!" She hissed while slamming a fist down her desk.

Looking beside where she had hit, a white letter came to view. Opening it she was met by a very important early notice.

'We'll be departed again, huh?' she thought while fiddled tapping with a finger a few times on the desk.

The air in the room suddenly getting heavy as soon as she took a deep breath after reading the letter. She was feeling sick all of a sudden.

Did it have to do something with the departure? Perhaps.

She stayed quiet as she closed her eyes and tried to keep herself calm.

Not realizing it, she emmidietly fell asleep by then and only to wake up to a tug from her sleeve.

Eyes widened in fear and shock as she yanked her arms away and close to her chest in sudden reflexes.

It was the same man who kept insisting.

"Get away from me!!!" Tanya yelled as she kicked the man by his face, the chair throttled backward and she fell on her back.

"Gahk!!!" She hicced when a quick snap made way after she hit her back a bit harder than she thought from the fall.

Tanya winced as she held herself together trying to grip the pain away. She growled with the pain clear and hateful to witness.

"Captain!!!" Visha was a bit late as she ran over to the child which kept on clinging to herself with gritted teeth while her eyes remained shut tight.

The man realizing how desperate he was, ran out and tried to escape.

"Captain?!?" Visha called out.

Tanya didn't listen and soon held her head low when the pain suddenly moved.

Visha still called out, at this point, she was going to decide on sending her to a hospital if she doesn't respond soon.

After another call from Visha, Tanya went limp for a quick second before flinching and staring up at Visha.

They stared for quite sometime before the young girl freaked out and began to stumble away from the young adult who was at this rate getting even more concerned than ever.

Visha stayed a bit far to lessen the sudden stress Tanya was getting.

Tanya's body and mind were really letting her down a lot.