47: jokes can also be for people who are dead inside too

"What?" Tanya said while keeping a serious tone and look to herself.

"You know how second luitenant Serebryakov looks at you, right..?" Tania asked as she gave a sneering grin to her younger twin.

Tanya immediately felt a nerve when Visha was getting dragged into a joke.

"Perhaps, what about her?" Tanya asked, still maintaining a stern look and tone to herself.

"What do you mean perhaps??" Tania continued to sneer a grin.

"I don't ask her what she thinks of me, Tani. That would seem rude to do so." Tanya said.

"You know what this means?" Tania asked after giggling.

"The potato loving woman like you~" she continued.

Tanya stifled a laugh, she knew how Visha would be around her and that sly joke seemed irrelevant yet somehow a feather to her funny bone.

Tania cackled quietly when her younger twin's arms were practically shaking over trying to control herself.

"Fine, that was somehow good." Tanya admitted, still stifling her laugh from it though.

"Knock. Knock." Tanya said.

"Whose there?" Tania answered.

There was immense silence as Tanya took a quick glance to the side before continuing.

"Tank." She said.

Tania raised a brow. It seemed confusing why Tanya would pick such a word from her mind dictionary.

"Tank who?" She replied.

"You're welcome." Tanya said.

"Ghk!" Tania immediately pursed her lips together when the punch line was just a pun after all.

Why in the world are they even doing this? Is it because mockery over the powerful being that sent them there was nice to have here and there or were they just bored?? Who knows...

I myself don't even know too.

"You almost got me, but I will never fall for another punch line like that ever again. That was really childish!!" Tania said after being able to calm herself down from laughing.

Tanya nodded as she wiped her face to fix up a stern look.

Immediately did she raise a brow Tania slammed a fist down on the desk that was loud enough for her to look down.

"Join the Army, meet some fascinating people," Tania said.

"I will." Tanya said.

"Then kill them." Tania said but immediately laughed over her own punchline.

Tanya sniggered before laughing with a hand covering her face while kneeling down by the desk.

"You sick bastard!" Tanya cried out between laughs.

Tania soon faked a cough as she finally gained composure again.

"It seems I won a point?" She grinned.

Tanya rolled her eyes while smirking.

"Sure, it's ten out of who gets the best anyways." She said.

"Alright, I'm ready when you are." Tania said.

"Do you know the defense lines from the enemies back then?" Tanya asked.

Tania nodded.

"Yeah, it really was a work of beauty." She pondered while rolling their eyes from amusement.

"It really was..." Tanya hummed.

"Y'now, we destroyed it, right?" She deadpanned.

Tania hicced while trying to remain calm in her stifled laugh.

Tanya giggled.

"You should've seen their faces, Tani." She said between giggles.

Tania pursed her smiling lips as she tried to avert eye contact and fake a cough to adjust her demeanor from the joke.

"Ok, that was good...and you almost got me there." She said while raising a hand in sincerity to her words.

"Damnit!" Tanya hissed quietly before making straight forward eye contact.

Tania grinned while twisting her tongue for a quick second to keep herself from laughing in her thought joke.

"The war with Japan would have ended sooner," she began.

Tanya raised a brow. Her sister was bringing up japan in a joke all of a sudden now.

"But the allies decided that dropping Chuck Norris on Hiroshima would be a crime against humanity." Tania finished.

The punchline hit Tanya hard she immediately went down laughing to her knees with Tania laughing while slamming a fist on the desk.

They both of course tried to keep their laughing down by covering their mouths with their own hand.

"I've got two now, Tanya. It seems I'll be winning this." Tania said after being able to calm down before laughing when she recalled her joke again.

Tanya bit her tongue for a quick second and yanked herself up before huffing in determination.

"What's a moo hoo for a tug-of-war between two longhorns?" She asked while trying to keep a frown over her quivering grin.

"What?" Tania asked while trying to frown.

"A bull pull." Tanya said between stifled laughs with Tania already on one knee laughing with a hand covering her mouth.

"Why would you make up such a childish joke!" Tania asked between laughs.

Tanya sighed while wiping a tear by her left eye.

"It seems I just won myself one." She smirked wide as she snapped a finger mid-air.

Tania chuckled.

"Funny you say that. When you yourself only have one sweetheart, meanwhile I've got two sweethearts." She said before laughing.

"Damnit, why are you a two-timer..." Tanya said while laughing under her hand.

"How is an apple like a salaryman?" Tanya asked when she had finally had enough.

"What?" Tania grinned wide.

"They both look good falling from the top." Tanya continued.

Tania laughed, she wasn't able to hold herself and lost to the joke.

"Argh..! Damnit, you won!" She hissed while laughing.

"Hehehehh..." Tanya cackled quietly.

Then they heard subtle laughing in a faint conversation outside the door.

Tania quickly rushed back over to her desk to sit back down while grinning. Tanya sat back down abruptly and clasped her hands together as she glanced over to Tania with a smirk before glancing over to the closed door.

It was Visha.

"Major Tanya and Major Tani," Visha said while saluting.

Tanya nodded back while Tania waved a hand while smiling.

"Mr. Adalbrecht wants to see you both later in the evening if you have time." Visha said.

"Of course, he can meet us both lat-----

"Nope, we'll be both busy the whole afternoon." Tania muzzled Tanya off when she tried to finish her sentence.