Chapter 13

warning: throwing up

Taehyung found him the next morning, still resting against the bathroom cabinet. He hadn't thrown up any more times, but he didn't have any energy to go back to bed. Jin had stayed flopped on the floor. He was half-asleep, yet he could feel every inch of pain that he was subjected to.

Now, though, he was forced awake.

"Hyung, what's going on?"

He blinked up as Taehyung panicked.

Taehyung faltered. He didn't know what to do. It was still early in the morning and he was the only one awake. He knelt down.

"Hyung," he said louder. He shook Jin's shoulder. "What's going on?"

Jin mumbled something under his breath. He shook his head. "I'm okay."

"What happened though?" Taehyung asked. "Hyung?"

Jin shook his head again. "Help me up," he said instead. "I want to sleep."

Taehyung grabbed his arm and hauled him up. Jin clearly had not been anticipating how weak his legs had gotten because he let out an audible gasp when he toppled over. Taehyung managed to catch him.

"What's-"

Jin groaned again. He caught Taehyung's worried expression, but he couldn't bring himself to care. He couldn't say anything to make him feel better.

"Jungkook!"

Lying down felt nice. Taehyung took pity on him and sat down. Jin couldn't stretch his legs out on the floor though- he was too tall.

"Jungkook, get over here!"

A rush of hurried footsteps later, Jin could see a pair of bare feet in front of him. Taehyung and Jungkook talked over him in hushed voices, but he was too tired to understand it. His stomach was hurting again.

"Do you think we should call an ambulance?" Jungkook asked.

Taehyung shrugged. "I don't know," he whispered. "He said that he wanted to sleep, but he was too tired to walk back to his bed."

"I think we should take him to a hospital though, just in case," Jungkook said.

Jin barely managed to sit up when he started to throw up again. It was all over the floor and Taehyung's leg. Neither Jungkook nor Taehyung got grossed out though. Rather, Jungkook's hand was soon on his back.

"It's okay."

"Oh, so this was what was happening."

Jungkook hummed. Jin kept coughing. His eyes burned with tears, he hated this. Jungkook put his arm around his shoulder, trying to calm him down.

"Hyung?"

It felt like an eternity until Jin finally finished and was able to lift his head. Jungkook's chest provided a nice headrest and he leaned back, far enough so he could relax.

"Should we go to the hospital?" Taehyung asked.

"No, I'm okay," Jin croaked. "Just let me get some sleep and I'll be fine."

Jungkook and Taehyung glanced at each other. After a long moment of silence, Taehyung finally nodded.

"If you say so."

--------

Jin was not fine. Jin wasn't fine at all. Soon after the two cleaned him up and helped him back to bed, he found himself getting nauseous again. Taehyung had brought a bin near his bed luckily, so he leaned over and threw up. He assured the others that he was fine. It was just side effects. He was used to it.

But he was not fine, he felt so terrible.

--------

He wasn't able to keep any of his meals down. By the evening, even sips of water were too much. Jin's throat was burning. He was a tired, feverish mess. The others were getting more worried by the minute. But this was probably just a regular flu.

--------

"Man, something is seriously wrong again," Hoseok said. Jin had just thrown up his dinner and he was worn out again. He was resting his head in Hoseok's lap.

"Are you feeling alright now?"

"Yeah." Jin sighed. "I feel better for a moment after I throw up, seriously."

"But you aren't able to eat anything."

"I know." Jin knew that very well, there had been a constant empty feeling in his stomach the whole day. If this went on a few days, he knew that he would pass out.

Hoseok shook his head. He was more worried than ever. If this lasted for any more time, he was going to drag Jin to the hospital himself.

--------

He found himself in the emergency room the very next day. The throwing up hadn't let up and his stomach was hurting more than before. Taking strong painkillers wasn't giving him comfort.

Jungkook and Hoseok had taken him in as quickly as they could. When Jin saw them last, they looked more worried than he had ever seen them.

-------

His arm stung. The nurse quickly grabbed a cotton ball and put it on the spot of blood appearing on his arm. The blood test was done.

"You can sit back now," she said with a smile.

Jin nodded. He leaned back into his bed. The thin hospital gown was making him shiver and the thin sheet wasn't helping. His stomach was hurting. His head was throbbing. He suppressed a groan, trying to hide his discomfort.

He gently placed a hand on his side and shut his eyes. The nurse slipped a band-aid onto his arm. Jin heard her walk away and leave the room soon after. He wanted to start crying and ask her to bring him a quilt so he wouldn't be so cold.

He squirmed uncomfortably around on the bed. He continued to shiver and shake, just like usual.

-------

"Gosh, I'm so worried," Jimin said. "The last time he was this sick, it took him a while to recover."

"I know right," Namjoon said. He looked down at his lap.

"Don't worry, everything will be okay," Jimin said.

"Yeah."

------

Longest chapter yet! I hope this was angsty enough

edit: this is not the longest chapter, but i still hope that this was angsty enough

945 words