The Maknae Line's Party - Preparation

He was woken up early the next morning

He was woken up early the next morning. Yoongi was shaking him awake.

"Listen, listen, wake up," he was saying. Jin barely heard anything, he was talking so quickly. He sounded excited.

"What...?"

"Me and the others were just going to go out to do some grocery shopping. We've been running out of so many things and we have been needing to go for so long, but we've never had the time ago," Yoongi continued.

Jin shook his head as he slowly got out of his bed. Something was definitely up. Yoongi was never all that excited to go grocery shopping. He had always considered it a bit of a nuisance. But whatever. If Yoongi wanted to bond by making everyone go grocery shopping together, then that was what was going to happen.

In the end, nearly all the members agreed to go with Yoongi - all except for Jimin, Taehyung, and Jungkook. Yoongi didn't seem surprised. Something was going on. Jin didn't know what.

--------

There was so much to get done. As soon as the rest were out the door, the youngest three jumped into action. Jimin was in charge of the decorations.

He had gotten streamers and balloons and signs and other various things to spice everything up. He sat down at the dining table with the balloon pump and slowly started bringing balloons to life.

Taehyung and Jungkook were in charge of the cake. Initially, they had wanted to just buy one but it seemed much more special if they made it themselves, so they tried it.

"How much more time?" Jungkook asked.

Jimin looked at the clock. "About one more hour, hurry!"

Taehyung got out all the ingredients. Jungkook had the recipe on his phone. The flour, eggs, butter, everything went in smoothly. Jungkook grabbed a big spoon and started mixing everything as well as he could. Jimin had forbade them from using anything else.

Meanwhile, Jimin had managed to blow up all the balloons. He put up the poster as well as he could. It was hard doing it by himself. He had to stand on a chair and balance everything in his small hands. Lots of hard work.

-------

"You're spilling everything!" Taehyung shrieked.

"No, I'm not!" Jungkook sighed. "It's just a few drops."

"You call that a few drops?"

"Shhhh," he said. He didn't dare look at Taehyung's face for fear of what he would see.

"Okay, now stick your hands in," Taehyung said.

"Fine."

Jungkook abandoned the spoon and started patting the dough together. He was absolutely horrible at baking, especially in a rush like this, but he was trying his best. It didn't help that Taehyung was constantly snapping at his heels. He packed the dough as tightly as he could together. As long as it stayed together and didn't crumble apart, everything was fine.

"Here."

Jungkook gently spread it out into the pan that Taehyung gave him.

"You clean up," he said.

"Fine."

Jungkook paid no attention to Taehyung's moods. He was on a mission here: to not screw everything up. He spread it out as evenly as he could, sometimes even getting fancy and using the spoon to pat it down. Taehyung huffed and puffed around him, wiping away the microscopic amounts of dough that Jungkook had spilled.

He had just put it in the oven when Jimin appeared around the corner.

"How much longer?" he said, raising an eyebrow.

"Thirty more minutes," Taehyung said confidently.

"They're coming back in fifteen."

"Oh..." Jungkook and Taehyung looked at each other.

"Why don't you run out and sabotage Hoseok's car so they get slowed down a little?" Jungkook asked.

"Very funny."

"Oh please, you talk my ear off all the time. When they arrive, just spew nonsense like usual and they won't notice a thing. Give us some time to fix the cake up and finish it off," Taehyung said.

Jimin still didn't look convinced, but he nodded and wandered off. He had already finished his portion. The living room was ready to go. He just wished that the other two had done their job quicker. Ah well, it's not like he had expected much.

"Phew." Jungkook sighed.

Taehyung shook his head. "We're going to have to decorate the cake after this."

"Don't worry, I can do that," Jungkook said.

"Great. Get the chocolate sauce out, you just have to write 'Seokjin hyung, we love you a lot' on it," Taehyung said.

"That's too long."

"Ugh."

"I can write 'Hyung, we love you', how about that?"

"Fine, but you have to write it in English."

Jungkook smirked. "Deal."

--------

old note (please don't get worried):

Yup yup I'm okay
I totally didn't spend the last hour thinking about how to kill myself
I'm okay I'm okay yup

new note:

one more chapter to go!

765 words