Dix (10) - Friendly Family Gatherings

" Non, je ne regrette rien
C'est payé, balayé, oublié "
~ Non, je ne regrette rien, Édith Piaf

As the will reading came around the corner and the investigations regarding Harlan's death persisted, Antoinette was still pissed off at Ransom, so she decided to only be at the Thrombey manor when required and spent time in the hospital, working off missed hours and doing extra ones, seeking out that promotion she needed and, of course, wanted. Ransom was a little bothered by her behavior still, but he was more bothered by how he had treated her. Nevertheless, he gave her some space.

Antoinette excused herself off work for at least half an hour to head into the will reading, texting Chuck on her way there whenever she stopped somewhere. After what happened between them, there were still very close friends. They both had that sharp intelligence and wit in solving situations. And they had a lot to learn from each other.

[ Chuck Bass: Have fun. Will readings are like the lottery sometimes if everything is messed up ]

[ Antoinette Gauthier: why? ]

Ransom perked up when he heard a car pull up the driveway. He peaked out of his window, a smile forming on his face at the sight of Antoinette's used up mini cooper.

[ Chuck Bass: Cause no one knows what they'll get ]
Antoinette shrugged and got out the car.

Ransom sped down the stairs to her encounter. Antoinette paused while the shimmer in her eyes dropped a little when she noticed who it was.

"I'm sorry" Was the first thing that Ransom could say. His truthful expression made Antoinette who just sighed in defeat and couldn't simply hide her smile as she raised herself up in tip toes to kiss his cheek and whisper "I forgive you"

The family's attorney, soon arrived with his assistant, announcing they'll be starting in a few moments before walking off to the library to set everything up. The Thrombey family sat down in the small living room, looking at each other, no one saying a word. The thick, tense air could be cut with a chainsaw.

"You know Ransom, it's funny how you never like to attend family events but you were on time for the funeral and earlier for the will reading. Regretting all your sins now that's too late?" Walt started. The air now turned even denser with the bubbling tension that surrounded each and every member of the family.

"Okay, people greave in different ways, let's not" Joni interrupted him with solemn air.

"It's funny how you're here at all, why are you and your father even bothering? You couldn't make an effort to be here for his birthday because you ran away to Bali with your french hooker—"

"Watch your fucking mouth!" Ransom interrupted him, threateningly pointing a finger at him.

"Okay what the fuck?!" Meg complained as well, looking as mad as Ransom did.

"I can't even" Antoinette rubbed her temples from an increasing headache and she left her position, standing next to the door frame, across from Marta and Blanc, and left to somewhere else to take some air.

"And you" Walt continued, pointing at Richard. "You left in the middle of the funeral to then come back. Don't think we wouldn't notice but oh, we did. Jacob heard you leaving and coming back. He was in the bathroom next to the exit"

"Is that where you were all this time?!" Joni turned to look at the boy, who sat on a chair by the window, absently looking at his phone

"You left the building?" Linda turned to Richard who turned away to look at Jacob "I didn't. The hell you were doing in the bathroom during a funeral?"