Dix-sept (17) ~ Home for the holidays

" It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas;
Soon the bells will start "
~ It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas,
Michael Bublé

The next minute Ransom's eyes fluttered open, the house smelled like a bakery. He melted into the bedsheets, enjoying the scent that could sneak through the mucus in his nostrils. He frowned when he noticed the IV that was placed in his hand. He had noticed the needle the last time he regained consciousness but never figured it out to be an IV plugged into him. He also noticed everything in his nightstand was still the same.

"Hey. You're finally awake" Antoinette whispered from the door, approaching him carefully. "I'm sorry about the IV. You sort of blacked out and were very dehydrated" She said quietly, not daring to look into his eyes while she fluffed his pillow a bit. Antoinette checked his temperature "You're fine now, your fever went down a bit" After her quiet comment, she took place at the end of the bed "Look, I'm really sorry how I reacted yesterday—"

Ransom was incredibly surprised to see her lingering around the room. After that fight, if he was in her place, he would have left as soon as he could. But that's one of the things he loved about her; she was much of a better person than he was. It made him better as well.

Ransom didn't allow her to finish "Don't apologize. It was a very asshole move of me to not think about how you felt and try to blame on you my irresponsibly"

"You mean it?" Antoinette finally looked at him straight in the eye, hers glimmered in curiosity with a little bit of disbelief powdered over.

"One hundred percent, doll" He smiled weekly, reaching over so she can hold his hand, which she did. "C'mere, let's cuddle a little"

"Merry Christmas Eve, by the way" Antoinette commented quietly, smiling softly while settling herself into his arms.

"It's Christmas eve already? Damn..." Ransom sighed, looking at the white setting outside his house. "I blacked out for almost two days?"

"Three" She corrected him "I was so worried, even though I knew this was happened sometimes. I didn't take you to the hospital since we're avoiding the spreading at all costs"

"You've been taking care of me all these days?" Ransom looked down at her, surprised. "I thought you left. I heard the door opening and your car spreading away after our fight..."

Truth was, Antoinette really never planned leaving. She pulled herself together at the parking lot of the hospital, called her family and stood firm about her position of staying in with Ransom to take care of him. She had grabbed her empty work bag, picked up some medicines for him and all he needed, preparing for the most extreme situations. She also fixed her shifts accordingly to the abrupt changes in her schedule.

"Oui. What else was I supposed to do, bubba? I was angry but I still loved you. I still do very much" Antoinette commented calmly smiling at him. She didn't even let Ransom react "Okay so! I made you some chicken noodle soup, my sister sent me the recipe. And I thought a stay-in Christmas will be very nice. I have a list of things we can do while you get better" Antoinette commented, her voice going back to its regular, enthusiastic tone. "You hungry?"

Ransom nodded frantically, making her smile. "I'll go fetch you the soup. Be back in two seconds!"

"God... I don't believe in you but thank you for sending me this literal angel. I don't deserve her" Ransom sighed, looking up to the sky he could visualize from his window. The winter wonderland outside seemed beyond enchanting.

Antoinette came back with a tray so he could eat in bed. Ransom sat up and returned the comforting smile his girlfriend gave him. "Do you think you can eat by yourself?"