V2 C 42

The news about the portal incident spread fast in school. All of the kids that claimed they were involved, were questioned.

Many confessed that they didn't see the full scene since they were saved by Ivana's portal, and landed on a ground near the school gates. Although they've tried to reason with the guards to send some help, when the guards got there, they found nothing except the shoes of 2 little girls, a hairtie, and some annoying fish creatures called Grindylows.

As for the perpetrators of this incident, the snobby kids who purposely lead the new students to the lake, were sentenced a penalty. They were questioned about their actions, and while some told the truth or kept quiet, the ones who told lies were being smacked on the head by a teacher that specializes in Truth magic, a minor mind magic that basically could make someone spill the real beans or work as a lie detector.

The kids that basically didn't do anything were only given a stay at home for 2 weeks. While for the main perpetrators, they were given a 100/100 point strike. If they made anymore mistakes in the future, gain even a little bit of points, they will be immediately kicked out of the school, and can't have themselves be entered in any other Mayberry's school branch.

It's a system that the school adopted from the schools in Spisian and Ture Republic. Although this was originally only a school for an otome game plot, it still serves its part as one of the best school brand in the game.

The thing is, from this incident, the school got a toll on it's reputation since the news got out of hand.

Plus, there's the fact that 2 students were in a bad state, 1 almost drowned to death, and several others that suffered magic deficiency and minor injuries since they took a worthless attack on the fossegrim. Luckily, the parents of the snobby kids would gladly pay the medical treatment for all of the kids, with the conditions that they would not took this matter further into court.

Since most of the new kids were from outside of the country or from a far away place, their family's influences in the area around Mayberry's school are limited. Most of their names are not really well known, and many must accept the regulation rules regarding big influential families from outside the country. Fortunately for the parents of the snobby kids, there was no 'Super duper VIP' child that could be offended because of them. Something like a royal or the child of an important person or some sort.

Enough of that. Now, what happened to our 2 girls ?.

Ivana can't swim, and she desperately depended on Amora's movements to move in the lake's water. She can't swim because she never had the education to. Since her country didn't have any beaches or water sources that could provide the chance for it. And because she can't swim, she didn't know how to take and maintain her breath underwater for too long. Plus, with her need to fully chant her portal magic underwater, she had to fully let go of her remaining air and inhale water into her lungs.

To be simple, she almost drowned too, yet she suffered a fever for the next 3 days and minor symptoms of vomiting and slight diarrhea. She basically got this sick because of her panic and traumatic factor that led her body to react like this. She only suffered from the fever for 3 days, since the cold didn't bother her much.(The cold never bothered me anyway~) Cause ya'know, her hometown. If she was a normal kid that didn't lived there, she would have probably gain a fever for more than a week.

As for our other girl, Amora, she suffered the same symptoms too. With no diarrhea but more vomiting, and a longer fever that ranges about 6 days. But ever since that day, she had been having mild headache and felt very dizzy. The doctors checked, and decided that she probably held her breath for too long in the water than her body could tolerate. Her head got a mild concussion from the strong current, luckily she didn't hit any rocks or sharp objects. So they decided that maybe this was the cause of her ongoing dizzyness.