Chapter-3

Here's the third one! Expect the next chapter next Saturday.🤗

Also, don't expect much from this story as it might turn out to be very filmy or melodramatic because that's exactly how me and SabyyaButt started to plan things out for this plot.🙆

How have your been guys? Thanks so much for leaving comments and votes! It's always rewarding to see the appreciation from the readers.❤️😘

I just finished watching a drama, Rebel: Thief Who Stole The People. If you're into period dramas and enjoy Korean Joseon period plots, then give it a go. It's amazingly captivating and this drama took the best musical score crown from me! No, it's not a BL.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the read! The plot is still building up, so, more things will happen in future chapters.💜

-------------------------------

Chapter-3

Xing was inconsolable on their way back home. Taking turns between wailing and whimpering, clinging to his Papa, refusing to let go even for a second. His distress rose so much that Zhan momentarily forgot his own misery.

"Shh, shhh, it's all right, love, everything is fine, you're all right now."

"Papaaaaa!"

The more he tried to stop the tears the more it flew.

"I'm here, Papa's right here. XingXing is safe now." Gently rocking the small body clinging to his chest, as he soothed his son, he tried to calm himself down as well. Babies were extremely sensitive and wickedly perceptive of their parents' distress and Xing was no exception. He had a natural sunny disposition, rarely cried or threw tantrums. But the moment he sensed his Papa was sad or in pain he would become anxious. And the only way an infant knew to portray its anxiety was to cry its heart out.

Million thoughts were cramming up Zhan's head, none too pleasant but he would be damned if he focussed on anything but calming his baby down at the moment.

"What is it, sweetheart? What's troubling you? Are you hurting anywhere? Is my little prince hungry?"

"Pah-pah-"hiccupping Xing pulled his tear soaked face out of his Papa's neck, "s-sad."

Zhan almost started weeping then and there hearing that. Being loved so much by a child, by your own child, was the best feeling in the world. Xing helped him fending off his panic attacks more than his therapist or any medication ever could. "No, love," wiping those stained, chubby cheeks with his thumb, Zhan hugged his son tighter, "Papa is not sad. Papa is all right. See?" He tried to give him a cheery smile, "Papa's smiling." Even though it came out quiet watery.

Xing blinked, still sobbing and hiccupping, and patted his father's face a few times. "Papa...duv duv."

Despite the situation, Zhan cracked a laugh. Due to his stuffy nose Xing's 'love' came out as 'duv' and he cherished every distorted word that came out his son's mouth. This child was the reason behind all his smiles now. He littered that angelic face with light kisses.

"Yes! Papa loves XingXing too! Papa loves more!"

Seemingly satisfied but not feeling social, Xing went back to pressing his face to the crook of Zhan's neck. A while passed in relative silence. Zhan was lost inside his chaotic head when there was a mumble.

"Daddy."

That single word jolted him back from his thoughts. He didn't get the chance to react before now but Zhan was quite shocked by his son's behaviour earlier. Not only because he had never thought Xing would recognize his other father just like that but also, this was the first time the boy had ever uttered the word, "Daddy".