Chapter-19

The only reasons I am updating today is because 1. today is The Untamed's first anniversary! (👆see the pic; those are my foster daddies)😍 2. I didn't want to skip the update without informing you guys. Yes, I'm that considerate even when I'm sick and I should be resting!😒

So, you little freeloading teabags, I don't care how shy or how lazy you are, I want all of you reading to react to this 7K long chapter!😤🤬

This can be a full course meal or a chicken salad, depending on how you look at the situation.🤷

Off ya go!

My song recommendation for this chapter> Jealous by Labrinth

*******************

Chapter-19

YiBo was going back and forth between trying to chew his nails out of existence and glaring at his irritatingly silent phone.

He could vividly imagine his stylist dropping unconscious looking at his fingers. In the showbiz doing anything to your body, outside a project, was a big no no. No mark should be found on visible skin. He still remembered the first time he stopped Zhan from giving him a hickey. They were in the middle of making out and Zhan was passionately sucking on his neck and YiBo had suddenly remembered that he had a photo shoot the next day.

Telling Zhan to stop, telling himself to stop was one of the hardest things YiBo had done. Zhan had taken it on stride, being the ever understanding soul he was, whereas YiBo felt wretched. To him it felt as if he was sharing his love for Zhan with others. As if he was giving Zhan less, putting him behind. It had taken Zhan hours of babying to talk YiBo out of it.

YiBo had always loved that fiercely. For him, it was all or nothing.

And knowing that Zhan was now on a date with someone else, some nobody was having his eyes all over Zhan made his insides boil.

Nothing had changed in the absence. All those big talks about moving on were just empty words he had been trying to fool himself with. Once Zhan was back in his life again, the world ceased to exist for him. Nothing else mattered other than that man. And now there was another person added. That little drop of joy that was sleeping in his bedroom right now.

And he would do anything to keep these two people in his life. Anything at all. He was desperate. He thought he was living but now he understood how morbid and lonely his life had become after their break up. And he wanted to live again, wanted taste the happiness again, feel the warmth. He wanted to go back to being that seventeen year old boy who only ever thought of spending the rest of his life with his Zhan Ge.

But due to his desperation things had gone quite south between them after that phone call the other day. He admitted that he had anger issues which got worse whenever he felt cornered. And he had felt cornered. Not by Zhan because that person hardly communicated, but by the situation, by his desperation, by his need to get his life back.

He was taking risks, gambling with his chances, deceiving blatantly and losing his grip over everything. But what else was he to do? If he didn't push things would not go forward. If he pushed things went back to zero between them. What the hell was he supposed to do?

That day, hearing those words from Zhan, knowing that he wasn't left behind because he was unlovable, or because Zhan hated him was both soul saving and heart wrenching at the same time. Even though he couldn't trust those words without explanation and get his hopes up.

And then he could not get in touch with Zhan no matter however he tried. His phone was off; his office told him he was unavailable. YiBo almost popped a vein worrying sick. Even worse, when he went to drop Xing- a bit earlier than planned because he couldn't wait anymore to see if Zhan was all right- he was prevented from seeing the man by his assistant; was told that Zhan could not see him at that moment and no amount of requesting had worked.