Chapter-15

Heyo! Update time.😎

So, June is here. It's not a good month for me. A lot of nightmarish memories regarding this month and I kinda regress every year at this particular time. So, I apologize in advance if I skip a week of update.

My warmest love and hugs for those who leave their appreciation in the form of votes and comments!♥️ Also, I often come across readers who are hesitant about leaving long comments. Dude, don't EVER hesitate about sharing your thoughts, however long they may be. I don't have any problem with lengthy comments. Heck, I love them! I only have problems with rude comments. As long as you're polite and not acting entitled in whatever you're telling me, I'm game.😎

XingXing sends his hugsies to all his uncas and aunties.

Now, off with the read!

*******************

Chapter-15

"Hello, Mum."

"So, you do remember you still have a mother?"

YiBo dutifully bowed his head and looked apologetic. He knew he was in the wrong this time. "Sorry, I couldn't come sooner-"

"And Xiu Ying must have confiscated your phone and put you on time out, no?" His mother gave him a sarcastic, pointed stare.

This was their drill. Every time YiBo came home this was how they started.

"Sorry, Mum," he apologized again because who ever won against a mother?

His mother ignored his apology and asked, "Will you stay for dinner?"

"No, I can't. I have a-"

"Okay, you're staying for dinner."

YiBo sighed and leaned back on the sofa. While coming here he already knew he wouldn't be able to leave before night. It was just a token protest to irritate his mother.

"Where's Dad?"

"With his mistress, where else?" She rolled her eyes.

Looking at the direction of his father's study YiBo chuckled. If his mother envied anything it was his father's books.

"Well?"

"Hm?" YiBo looked at his mother absently, mind still lingering on his father.

"You want to tell me anything?" His mother sounded terse.

YiBo knew what she was asking, of course he knew but just to rile her up more he shook his head, looking confused. "About what, Mum?"

"If you're happy enough to play dumb with me then I am assuming you two have patched things up?"

YiBo's playful mood evaporated fast and he shrugged in reply.

"I'll need something more than a shoulder jerk," Mrs. Wang said impatiently.

YiBo shrugged again, "We talked."

When he didn't get any response after a while he looked at her to see her watching him questioningly. Clearly waiting for him to elaborate.

YiBo sighed inwardly. This would be a long talk.

"After tracking him down I asked him to meet."

"And? Did you? Meet, I mean?"

YiBo stared at her eager anxious face and suddenly wanted to tell her everything. Every little detail, every emotions he had felt, every word he had spoken, every unuttered word he had buried inside. Wanted to tell her everything and ask her to make things better, to show him the right way. Like he used to do as a kid.